Is The SRT Viper Not A Great Driver's Car?

LouN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Have Gen V viper. Car is a brute, love the hell out of it. Feels like a race car! That's awesome and that's what I wanted, but Motor Trend doesn't consider a car that feels like a track car, a driver's car. It is not refined enough and is too specialized! Doesn't do enough things well. Also have e46 m3, e92 m3, and f10 m6. M3's are def "driver's cars" because they are so well balanced, nimble and excel in so many different areas. Comfortable as daily driver, on the back roads, and decent on the track. Viper does one thing exceptionally well, tears the crap out of the race track! This is true of previous generations and the new generation as well. BTW, I know MT is generally biased against the viper, and it should have been ranked higher, but def not win driver's car because it is too much of a specialty car ( street legal race car!)

PeerBlock

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have Gen V viper. Car is a brute, love the hell out of it. Feels like a race car! That's awesome and that's what I wanted, but Motor Trend doesn't consider a car that feels like a track car, a driver's car. It is not refined enough and is too specialized! Doesn't do enough things well. Also have e46 m3, e92 m3, and f10 m6. M3's are def "driver's cars" because they are so well balanced, nimble and excel in so many different areas. Comfortable as daily driver, on the back roads, and decent on the track. Viper does one thing exceptionally well, tears the crap out of the race track! This is true of previous generations and the new generation as well. BTW, I know MT is generally biased against the viper, and it should have been ranked higher, but def not win driver's car because it is too much of a specialty car ( street legal race car!)

I don't disagree with what you said, but why are they putting the viper into a category that it is not and then "knocking" it for not meeting the criteria of said category? What next, they pose the question "is the new SRT viper a fuel miser" and then ream it for only getting 12 MPG on average, but dipping into the single digits with "spirited driving" then suggest that it should be getting 20 MPG like a Subaru STI?

I prefer reviews that understand what a car is intended to be, and comment on how well it is executed. The viper is a streetable race car, for all intents and purposes. It's a supercar with "regular" car reliability and maintenance costs (cept for the tires and maybe brakes). It is better at being a "daily driver" than any of the fast family sedans (M3, S4, C63) are race cars.

madninjaskillz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't disagree with what you said, but why are they putting the viper into a category that it is not and then "knocking" it for not meeting the criteria of said category? What next, they pose the question "is the new SRT viper a fuel miser" and then ream it for only getting 12 MPG on average, but dipping into the single digits with "spirited driving" then suggest that it should be getting 20 MPG like a Subaru STI?

I prefer reviews that understand what a car is intended to be, and comment on how well it is executed. The viper is a streetable race car, for all intents and purposes. It's a supercar with "regular" car reliability and maintenance costs (cept for the tires and maybe brakes). It is better at being a "daily driver" than any of the fast family sedans (M3, S4, C63) are race cars.

My thoughts exactly. It's never going to be accepted by the likes of watered down auto reporters like Lieberman and Ed Loh. I find it amusing actually that SRT decided to keep giving MT the "******" press car and really didn't care what happened to it. SRT voiced their apathy towards MT quite clearly.

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly. It's never going to be accepted by the likes of watered down auto reporters like Lieberman and Ed Loh. I find it amusing actually that SRT decided to keep giving MT the "******" press car and really didn't care what happened to it. SRT voiced their apathy towards MT quite clearly.

SRT gave MT a lemon to "show MT" apathy. ??

It takes a true retard to defend stupid.

Only you, Mr. mentallyretartedninjaskills would defend stupid

mikesax

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've had a variety of cars over the last 10 years(Mercedes sl500-Aston Vantage-GT 500KR-SLP Camaro) all great at the time but not even half as much fun as my 2010 vert or my 2013 GTS. 35000 miles from October 2010 to May 2013 on my 2010-100 miles since than. 5000 miles on my 2013 June thru August. Best 38000 miles I've ever driven by far-no comparison!! No problems with either car- in fact best quality rides I've had in 30 years of driving!! I never thought I could enjoy a car more than my 2010 until I got my 2013!! I love to drive, and from day one in my Vipers I have felt like one with the car. I cant say enough positive things about MY Viper experience- other than my next car will most definitely be a Viper!! From the moment I fire it up until the second I turn it off-pure HEAVEN!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets