Is there a replace for Speakers up on the rear deck

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those teeny tiny ones by your ear in the rear deck, I've been trying to search for info but I think I can't get the right words into the search to find any info.

Anyone know any good replacements?

I swapped out the door speakers & it's a huge improvement for cruising on the highway, love to swap those lil guys too, thnx

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with 03 SRTs but from your description you are looking to replace speakers that are called tweeters

OP
OP
D

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It may be a tweeter, it sounds so bad it's hard to tell. There are tweeters with x-overs in the dash. The rear deck speakers have a tweeter like opening, but very small. I've read that it's an obnoxious size and no online fitment tools show anything for it. But I'm sure someone in this community has swapped something better in there.

billseast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I swapped mine out but all i could find to fit were off brand. I think it was a 2 1/2" speaker. Also the tweeter in the dash was a off brand also and i think it was a 3/4"

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Polk DB651S

Is what I put in the doors, super easy, fit like stock, sound way better when the volume is up. I only use the stereo on the highway and it's nice now that I can actually make out the song that's playing. lol

F

FrgMstr

Put these Focal 165 KRX2 in my doors and dash.

2 way driver kit 165 KRX2 - Focal Car Audio speakers

You must be registered for see images

Put this 8" short throw JL Audio 8W3v3-4 sub in the floorboard of the passenger seat in a custom box. (Wife is 5' tall. YMMV.)

JL Audio 8W3v3 Subwoofers - Car Audio Subwoofers

Using this Alpine head unit, or rather the iDA-X305S digital music receiver. Cool if you have an iphone, you can stream Pandora.

Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.

Pushing it all with this JL Audio HD900/5 900 watt amp.

JL Audio HD900/5 Amplifiers - Car Audio Amps & Amplifiers

Sounds like you are sitting 7th row center at Carnegie Music Hall.

sssikvipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the info FM. I did my door and rear sub, but i think its time to change the radio. Did the Alpine fit and plug easily to the harness? Mine is a 2004

F

FrgMstr

Mine is a 2005, but already had an Alpine head unit in it previously, so I am not sure what all would be needed going from stock to Alpine. I would not think it would be a big deal for an installer to answer though.