Is there a way to get under this panel?

0209 CLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I need to get a nut and bolt through this panel to install my roll bar and was wondering what ways can I get under it to install the nut to the bolt? Sorry if I'm not clear enough about this but I hope some of you may understand what I'm trying to say :confused: Here's a photo....

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP

0209 CLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes behind the seat. I'm not trying to get it through the hole that is already shown, but to drill other holes on that panel to put a nut and bolt through it. I just can't seem to find a way to get under that panel..

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you are SOL, since that is above the gas tank area. In an RT, you have to remove the trunk wall.

Also, that is thin, unreinforced sheet metal. At least the shoulder belt hole has a thicker washer and is only in shear. A roll bar will absorb loads in all directions (well, hopefully not.) Is this an aftermarket roll bar?

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I need to get a nut and bolt through this panel to install my roll bar and was wondering what ways can I get under it to install the nut to the bolt? Sorry if I'm not clear enough about this but I hope some of you may understand what I'm trying to say :confused: Here's a photo....

You must be registered for see images attach

Are you fabricating your own? Aren't there many rollbars available for an rt that have been proven to work?