Is there a "wholesale" market for ACR's?

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There never seem to be many for sale, and I was just curious if a secondary market exists?? Does anybody have access to Manheim or other auction results?

kilr4d

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There never seem to be many for sale, and I was just curious if a secondary market exists?? Does anybody have access to Manheim or other auction results?

There were a bunch that got auctioned on early 2009 when things looked shaky for Chrysler, but I haven't seen any since.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah they come up few and far between at Manheim and other auction outlets due to the low production numbers. I have not seen one in months if I recall.

OP
OP
Lawrenzo

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If there is no wholesale market on these, how would a finance company come up with a residual for leasing then?

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Vipers have notoriously not leased well, though there was a period of years they were great.

There are not alot of lease options at present, and most find it is just as inexpensive to just buy.

Brad04Mamba

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Vipers have notoriously not leased well, though there was a period of years they were great.

There are not alot of lease options at present, and most find it is just as inexpensive to just buy.

You keep saying that, but some of us are tired of paying the ridiculous sales tax to our states. Leasing makes it a little easier paying it over time.

Because of you, I have written the ungrateful state of California over $12,000 in the last year and half. :confused:

OP
OP
Lawrenzo

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Amen to that- with an added benefit that if we turn over our cars in a shorter time frame we didn't pay the whole tax bill upfront:2tu:

If I lived in Oregon with NO sales tax, I'd be buying different cars every 6 months!! Just another example of how BIG liberal Government screws over it's local business's by over-taxing it's constituents.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ally Bank is doing Vipers , so we do have some avenues, but leases in general are not as aggressive as they were in years past. For awhile we could not do them at all.

It makes it a tough decision as whether to buy or consider a lease ------- though if you can write it off , it still has some benefits. The residuals are pretty low, so there is not the pie in the sky resale views from old.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get yourself a copy of GALVES and see if they have a price listed in there

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine