Is there any sort of Value Guide for Viper collectibles?

Yarney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all, I am new to this forum and have enjoyed browsing around immensely. I am curious though, as to whether or not there is any type of definitive price guide for Viper models. I have probably just shy of 200 in my collection and have recently been pondering selling a large portion of them. Any insight or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
-Yarney

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont know of any such animal. There is however a magazine that lists prices on Hotwheels and Matchbox type cars. I think its called "Leed's Toy report" It comes out 4x a year I think. Do you have a 1:18 BBurago Red Dodge Viper RT/10 w/yellow wheels?

OP
OP
Y

Yarney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might actually, and I saw your earlier posts enquiring for one. The bulk of my collection is stored at my parents house, so I will have to go take a look to see whether or not I do. The collection is almost entirely made up of cars that are 5-9 years old now. If I get a chance I'll start taking pictures and catalogueing them.

-Yarney

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No real value guide to the collecting market. I would say that your best bet is eBay but be careful as anything that is just normal and not rare will not get you any money. For example, most of the 1/18's (Plain Red, Plain Black, etc). Unfortunately, the model car market is great when the economy is hot but once the economy is not so good, you start to see prices fall. I sold models for about 6 years and collected for about 15 years. I used to sell 1/12 Vipers for $200. Now they trade for $50. Sad but it is the reality. Good luck with the sale of the models. And once you get a list, post it. I would love to see what you have.

OP
OP
Y

Yarney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This makes me unhappy, I have two 1/12 models (yellow and green rt/10s) Although I love the green one, so I don't know that I could part with it... Like I said, I will try to being cataloguing as soon as possible.

Also Mopar: I know I have at least one black and silver GTS. I'm pretty sure I at least have a 1:24 and possibly a 1:18 or two also. Again, I will have to check.

-Yarney

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are the 1/12s really going for that low these days? Dang, I thought they were still in the $150-200 range

Yup. It really is sad to say. That goodness I got rid of mine beforehand. Sold my Pacecar 1/12 for about $300 in the height of the good season.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This makes me unhappy, I have two 1/12 models (yellow and green rt/10s) Although I love the green one, so I don't know that I could part with it... Like I said, I will try to being cataloguing as soon as possible.

Also Mopar: I know I have at least one black and silver GTS. I'm pretty sure I at least have a 1:24 and possibly a 1:18 or two also. Again, I will have to check.

-Yarney

Yeah, around $50 - $75 depending on colors. On the rare occassion you can get $100 but I hardly see that anymore.

OP
OP
Y

Yarney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might hold on to em for a while then. I'm not really in any rush to sell em.

I'll put a list of everything together for you guys though.

-Yarney

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might hold on to em for a while then. I'm not really in any rush to sell em.

I'll put a list of everything together for you guys though.

-Yarney

Yeah might as well. Look at it this way, when you sell it will be like finding money. I would really be interested in an inventory list though.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All of the 1/12 models seem to be trading in the $50 to $75 range. The rarest that I have seen is the pacecar and sometimes the plain red version, but other than that they are mostly trading in that area. You might seem them as high as $100 on some websites but that is about it.

NOTV8

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anyone here seen any FE 2002? I've looking for quite a while now but so far no luck. Do they even make this in any size?

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score

-Yarney

Let me know what you find on the black/silver GTS.

vipergts2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone here seen any FE 2002? I've looking for quite a while now but so far no luck. Do they even make this in any size?

Its not an FE but they did make a GTS with FE Clors. It has the old style wheels though if I remember correctly.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I know the GEN II's really were never made in 1/12, 1/18, 1/24, or 1/25th scale. Hot wheels might have but that is about it. I would have loved to have a GEN II with the chrome wheels but never made. Darn!

santo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know the GEN II's really were never made in 1/12, 1/18, 1/24, or 1/25th scale. Hot wheels might have but that is about it. I would have loved to have a GEN II with the chrome wheels but never made. Darn!

I have a Gen II RT/10 1/25 by Maisto. It is blue and white but has GTS wheels on it. It was one of those metal kits that you make yourself, I think. Not sure as I got it on eBay already done. I wrecked it trying to paint it yellow. I'll have to strip the paint and try again. FYI, DC Mopar 5 oz spray cans of factory paint are cheaper than the touch up paint bottles with the little brush.

Santo

Edit: The hood is Gen I, however but the side sills are covered with exhaust in the rear. Kinda odd.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala