Is this a fair price for these wheels?

jason427

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just received my new CCW 19's (they DO look even better in person).

I have a really nice set (no curb rash) 1997 single piece forging wheels with good tires (see pics below). I would like to sell them.
I was thinking $1500 plus shipping?? Sound fair?? I would think there are a lot of Gen I cars that would like the upgrade.

Thanks for your input.
Jason
You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
J

jason427

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to sell together. Ill try that first and if I have no luck, I will think about splitting them up.

Thanks for the input.

Jason

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$1500 for the "forged" 5 stars and tires that still have some good tread on them sound really fair to me, I "might" be selling mine in a month or 2 with 2k miles on them.

I'll be watching to see how you do :)

OP
OP
J

jason427

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put the wheels on Ebay if anyone is interested.
Thanks for the input.
Jason

1997 Dodge Viper Wheels & Tires
Ebay # 2441099908

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a very fair price. I have had many offers over that for mine, but decided not to sell until spring. So I will have a set for sale then.
$1500- is easy, maybe not on Ebay though. Sell them to Onerare!!

OP
OP
J

jason427

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys,
I have them for a short auction, if they don't go onerare will be the first I email.
Thanks again,
Jason

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason,

I feel a 'code-of-business-ethics' has been violated. I made you an initial offer of $1,400, you said $1,500 would seal the deal. I replied back within the hour stating $1,500 is fine, expecting to purchase your rims/tires. Now, the rims/tires are on EBAY, WITH A RESERVE SET (probably $1,400-$1,500), and I am supposed to wait for 4 days, hoping no one bids higher? Sorry Jason, I no longer feel comfortable with this transaction, regardless of price. Good luck on EBAY.

OP
OP
J

jason427

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats fine.
Sorry for the confusion.
Before I heard back from you I decided to put them on Ebay. I did not know at that time if you were going to buy or not :confused:
Sorry again.
Jason

Roadkill

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Onerareviper, where were you? I just sold a set of the same type rims with close to brand new tires for $1700 shipped on the classifieds! :smirk:

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats fine.
Sorry for the confusion.
Before I heard back from you I decided to put them on Ebay. I did not know at that time if you were going to buy or not :confused:
Sorry again.
Jason

Soooooo that's when you yank the Ebay auction and sell them to guy that tried to buy them. You help a VCA guy out and sell your wheels for what you were asking. Instead, you may or may not sell them on Ebay, you run the chance of running into trouble with someone you don't know, and you piss off a board member. Way to go, sport. :confused:

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Soooooo that's when you yank the Ebay auction and sell them to guy that tried to buy them. You help a VCA guy out and sell your wheels for what you were asking. Instead, you may or may not sell them on Ebay, you run the chance of running into trouble with someone you don't know, and you piss off a board member. Way to go, sport. :confused:

I agree!!!!!!!!

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are now at $910.
Interresting thing is that I paid for a set of perfect rims (not one scratch on them) $1200.
Doesnt look like there is much thread left on tires either, so they are not worth more than few hundred bucks.
I would have taken a fellow Viper owner's offer over a E-bay bidder anyday.

Lauri

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man that sux!

Stand by, mine might be for sale soon, can you wait? No ebay $hit, would MUCH rather sell to one of the Bros here
:)

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperJoe :2tu: :2tu: :2tu: :2tu: :2tu: :2tu:

btw, got any wheels for sale? :rolleyes: :D :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: I need a set of wheels really bad, saw some on e-bay, don't know anything about the seller though..... :D

OP
OP
J

jason427

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Soooooo that's when you yank the Ebay auction and sell them to guy that tried to buy them. You help a VCA guy out and sell your wheels for what you were asking. Instead, you may or may not sell them on Ebay, you run the chance of running into trouble with someone you don't know, and you piss off a board member. Way to go, sport"

Thats fine and dandy "big carrot"... but onerare already said he is not interested any more. So it looks like I unintentionally screwd myself. Again this was not done in malice. I might as well let the auction run its course. :confused:

But if you feel the need to slam me anyway, feel free...

Thanks,
Jason

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just received my new CCW 19's (they DO look even better in person).

(Quote)
I have a really nice set (no curb rash) 1997 single piece forging wheels with good tires (see pics below). I would like to sell them.
I was thinking $1500 plus shipping?? Sound fair?? I would think there are a lot of Gen I cars that would like the upgrade.

Thanks for your input.
Jason

Sorry Jason have to agree with most here on the vca. You create a thread it seems with the intention of selling to viper owner obviously, state what you want, get an ofeer that you stated was acceptable and then blow him off. Next time take your threads to ebay where they belong. Don't come here and say I didn't know he was really interested..BULL$HIT!
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

ps..By the way you got an offer that you wanted here on the vca by a fellow vca member within 1 hr of your post..Very Dumb

OP
OP
J

jason427

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me make something perfectly clear for those of you who think you know more about someones business than they do.

I GOT AN OFFER BELOW THE $1500 I WAS THINKING OF SELLING THEM FOR. I TOLD HIM THAT I NEEDED MORE. ***THEN*** NOT KNOWING IF HE WAS GOING TO UP HIS OFFER, BEFORE I HEARD BACK FROM HIM, I DECIDED TO LIST THE WHEELS ON EBAY.

This is crazy... think whatever you want. Those are the facts.

Im outta this thread.

Jason

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery