Is this good business?

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well Jeff,
Now that you know his policy is to round up, I'd avoid doing business with him.
All those nickles and dimes add up. You don't want to get taken.
That's what happened at Enron, right, they rounded up. World Com? Yup, you guessed it, rounded up every time.
The old USSR would still be going strong if they hadn't rounded up.

Next time you're in one of those Quickie Mart stores, and they have one of those "take a penny" things on the counter, take two.
You have no idea how fast that kind of thing can add up.
Properly invested, you could be on easy street.

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hmmmmmmmm, no other vendors seem to have problems calculating shipping and invoicing with dollars and CENTS! For that matter, I know of no companies that use this unheard of accounting practice of rounding up.

I had the same thought. NEVER heard of rounding up and never bought anything on the net that WAS rounded up! In this modern age of computer everything, seems like most merchants have mastered the ability to charge exact amounts! :rolleyes:

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have all beat this one to death, that is for sure. Sure, rounding up may not be the best route to go, for which Jon B. did apologize and brought it to the attention of the buyer BEFORE hand, which made the buyer aware what was going on. Bottom line is this....it may not be the best practice to get into(rounding up) but in the end if you are really ******** over .65 cents go pay full retail at your local Dodge dealership then you will see just how much you really did save by buying from Jon. With all the money you saved you could go buy a box of kleenex to wipe the tears from your eyes. I am done with this one, NEXT!!

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think he has anything to apologize for. It's his policy. He told everyone why he does it.

The fact that other places don't round up is meaningless. His policy is to round up and he does it.

I doesn't mean anything. It's nickles and dimes on stacks of hundreds.
I can't believe anyone cares about this.

Next someone will say that they call around to all the suppliers to quote on a multi part order of little items, put the guys through all that work and then call back telling one shop the other shop's prices, trying to make a deal and then order from the guy who is ten cents cheaper.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960