Is this the 2008 Silver Roadster, 1 made? Sold on eBay

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW!!! Id come closer to paying $14k to not have the silver paint, and my first viper was silver. Liked it but not $14k worth.

OP
OP
O

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy S! I still want to know the story behind this car. Special paint for $14K - for silver?? Which looks to be the same silver used since 2003? That window sticker was not shown in the eBay ad. Still, I guess for the Uber Collector, this car is worth something.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy S! I still want to know the story behind this car. Special paint for $14K - for silver?? Which looks to be the same silver used since '03.

I'm guessing it was a pilot car to test the silver that ended up on the VOI
10 cars.

OP
OP
O

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exotic motors also bought the 08 orange ACR on ebay that had the previous damage history and was hiding it at first then when called on it the ebay seller started listing it as previous repair and of course it wouldnt sell after that. So exotic motors bought that one for $62k and now listing it for $79k and of course they dont mention the previous damage!!!!! Exotic Motors know these cars have a damaged history but plainly do not list that info even though they used that fact as a way to get them cheap. I would NEVER buy a car from Exotic Motors!!!

Agreed. They are looking more and more fishy every day.

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Exotic motors also bought the 08 orange ACR on ebay that had the previous damage history and was hiding it at first then when called on it the ebay seller started listing it as previous repair and of course it wouldnt sell after that. So exotic motors bought that one for $62k and now listing it for $79k and of course they dont mention the previous damage!!!!! Exotic Motors know these cars have a damaged history but plainly do not list that info even though they used that fact as a way to get them cheap. I would NEVER buy a car from Exotic Motors!!!
These guys are scumbags. I looked at that ACR its beat to ****. and after reading this thread, i was going to look at that silver srt tomorrow. Trust no one. The sales ****** told me he took it in on trade. There cars are **** over there

Brad04Mamba

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Now they have it back on eBay. I really detest when a car on eBay goes immediately back on for a higher price.

Moderator Edit: No linkshttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008...6000607?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4603796edf

I have been looking for a new car for the last 3 to 4 months and since that time I have seen 4 or 5 cars that were bought by dealers then immediately re-listed. You need to do your homework these days when buying over the Internet. I don't blame them, but I was interested in a couple of them cause I thought they were good deals, just not quick enough.

OP
OP
O

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been looking for a new car for the last 3 to 4 months and since that time I have seen 4 or 5 cars that were bought by dealers then immediately re-listed. You need to do your homework these days when buying over the Internet. I don't blame them, but I was interested in a couple of them cause I thought they were good deals, just not quick enough.

Yes, I have been doing the same thing for 4 months. Watching cars just get passed around and attempted to be resold at a higher price. I am pretty much avoiding any car from one of those dealers since you immediately have to wonder if you are paying too much. I can see on Autotrader, the same car listed twice, once by the owner, and also by a dealer that he trying to go through. You can buy it from the owner for $50,000, or the dealer for $57,000. Duh.

OP
OP
O

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP
OP
O

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Graphite ACR: eBay $81K to Autotrader $99K, again, CHICAGO MOTORS.

Between Exotic Motors and Chicago Motors, they have just about bought every car on eBay.

OP
OP
O

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The SRT Engineers on another section of this forum uncovered the story of this 1 of 1 car's existence:

"At that dark time during the Cerberus ownership, a Board Member wanted a new 2008 Viper and he wanted it in silver, which was not available. Being a Board Member (and an acquaintance of Nardeli) has its perks so he was able to order a special paint code as long as he was willing to pay for the added expense and handling. That's about all there is to it, surprised he sold it already!"

It was sold by Exotic Motors to someone, but I have not seen it turn up on this board. Anyone here buy it?

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The SRT Engineers on another section of this forum uncovered the story of this 1 of 1 car's existence:

"At that dark time during the Cerberus ownership, a Board Member wanted a new 2008 Viper and he wanted it in silver, which was not available. Being a Board Member (and an acquaintance of Nardeli) has its perks so he was able to order a special paint code as long as he was willing to pay for the added expense and handling. That's about all there is to it, surprised he sold it already!"

It was sold by Exotic Motors to someone, but I have not seen it turn up on this board. Anyone here buy it?
If he is he probably doesn't want to admit it! Now knowing he payed an extra 10k for it from Exotic Motors & that its been in some kind of a fender bender too! jmo

Kill-Zone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good info guys, especially on what dealers to watch out for.

I'm starting to look at Gen 4's since there is no pricing on Gen 5's

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456