is woodhouse really going to charge me $45 to ship motor mounts?

Reaction score
SRT DID have a hand in the development and specification of durometer for the Vipers mounts. They are by no means generic in quality. They also employ the original factory fail safe retention system in case of a failure. I agree that generic urethane mounts are just that and therefore do not recommend them either. This is why we took on the project 5 years ago. OE mounts are for NVH standards where our mounts are performance based but tuned for the frequency's the viper displays.

Thank you,

Jerry Scott[CO];2732173 said:
I used to design engine mounts for GM many years ago. We tested all the other aftermarket brands for tensile failure, life cycle durability, and dynamic rubber compound characteristics. None of the competitor mount would pass our tests for these specifications. The others were of poor quality and poor rubber adhesion to the metal inserts. I would never buy anything but the OEM mounts, for that reason. The compound that went into the OE mounts, were dynamically tuned for that specific car and most competition ones were not. They simply used the same rubber compound for all of their mounts, no matter what was the application, with no regard to dynamic tuning. Even the stud bolts were usually of low grade steel and often failed our pull test. This was also the case for our other products which included ball joints and body bushings. -just my 2 cents and that's just about what it is worth-
Jerry

OP
OP
D

darkostoj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well mark has been a stand up guy. After posting the thread not knowing that woodhouse was a vendor, he took it on himself to make sure that I was taken care of. :drive: