I've gone from soft to stiff, what gives?!?!?!

ChicagoGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I\'ve gone from soft to stiff, what gives?!?!?!

I recently got in my car and upon driving noticed my clutch was really soft, I checked the fluid level and it looked fine. I had a clutch put in last November so I don't think it's worn already. I drove around making sure that I engaged the clutch all the way to assure I didn't grind any gears. There seemed to be about a good 2-3 inches of play in the pedal. So, I'm thinking I'll get it checked later this week, but after climbing in it today for a lunch-time joy ride I noticed that the clutch is very stiff again and feels just like it did the day I had the new clutch installed. I'm thinking there may have been some air trapped inside the lines, but still wierd none the less. Should I be concerned?

~Matt~

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: I\'ve gone from soft to stiff, what gives?!?!?!

I've gone from soft to stiff, what gives?!

If the stiffness lasts less than 4 hours consult a professional..

:)

kgrif

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Did you follow a semi carrying ED drugs anytime lately?

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

I heard a semi of ****** was stolen. Police are hunting for two "hardened" criminals.

Matt- If there is any air trapped in the system, I believe it will find its way back into the resevoir. That may be what happened. Did you do any wild stuff with the car lately that might have allowed the clutch cylinder to ingest air? Are all fittings tight?