Jacking Up Car

DPViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am trying to figure out how to jack up the car and put it on jack stands so I can remove all 4 of the wheels. I see the 4 "V" points for the stands but I can't figure out where to place the jack to lift the car. If I use a "V" for the jack, I have no place to put a stand. Am I missing something easy here? The manual is no help. Thanks in advanced. Doug

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Use the V's to jack the car. Place the jack stands under the frame. There are many places on the frame where you can do this, depending upon the type of jack stand that you use. You may want to put a rag, a small piece of wood or some hard rubber between the jack stand and the frame to avoid scratching the frame's coating.

The front of the car is a little easier because you don't have to deal with the belly pan.

Good luck,

Dan

OP
OP
D

DPViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I looked under the car and I don't see a good spot for the jack stands on the back of the car. Do I need to remove the belly pan to place jack stands on the back? Thanks for your help.

Vipera Russelli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This probably isn't the answer you're looking for, but the last time I wanted to jack up both rears at the same time, I simply used two floor jacks on the two rear jack points. As a precaution, I then put jackstands under the rear in whatever places looks like they might support the car if one of the floor jacks failed; however I didn't drop the car onto the jack stands. I suspect there's a better way, but this worked for me.

repiv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had Archer Racing fix something on my viepr at VD,and they jacked the car up from what looked to be midpoint on the door somewhere on theunderside of the car, and put both front and rear jack stands under each side at the same time.

OP
OP
D

DPViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I jacked the car up and as Viper X noted it was easy to find a place for the jack stands on the front of the car because the frame is exposed. Unfortunately I find no place for the stands on the back of the car. I am sending all of my wheels out for a week so I don't want to leave the back of the car on floor jacks. Has anyone put stands on the back of the car without removing the belly pan? I hate to remove the pan. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Viper IV

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DP
The rear of the belly pan has a 2" square hole in it. The belly pan is only 1/8" from the cross frame there so I jack up the rear there with the pan on. I usually look in between the rear fins with a light to make sure I center the jack with the square hole. (Don't worry about the slight pan flex) Then put the two stands (padded) on the outside edges on the belly pan where it attaches to the frame. You should be fine. Hope this helps.
Rob

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang