jammers

datruodb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone have a radar jammer on their car? I was wondering how effective they are. I can only assume they are illegal. Have any of you been busted with one?

ROYMAN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Highly illegal. Laser jammers, however, are not - but that also depends on what state you are in. I believe some states do not even allow the use of radar detectors.
I have never seen a radar jammer for sale that actually worked (I think there was one brand called "rocky mountain" that made a jammer that simply didn't work) but if you really wanted to, it could be done...

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've used mutiple laser jammers with good results, radar jammers are illegal. Laser jammers will allow you to slow down prior to the officer getting a lock on your speed.

OP
OP
D

datruodb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've used mutiple laser jammers with good results, radar jammers are illegal. Laser jammers will allow you to slow down prior to the officer getting a lock on your speed.

What kind of time are we talking about here? A few seconds?

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are a few forums dedicated to testing the "break out time" of different laser jammers. Yes we are talking seconds as opposed to nothing. A basic radar/laser detector gives you no protection against laser, once it lights up "laser" you're too late. The ones I've used are ZR4 and ZR7 (I think) and they will light up with verbiage that says "shifting" once a police officer tries to laser you, eventually it'll say "laser".

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a LASER INTERCEPTER system in 4 different cars. Easily the most cost effective mod I have done. It has saved me thousands of times.

I could explain how it works but this is better. Check out "Product Videos". They have a map of the US showing which states frown on jammers...

http://www.laser-interceptorusa.com

Last edited:

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a LASER INTERCEPTER system in 4 different cars. Easily the most cost effective mod I have done. It has saved me thousands of times.

I could explain how it works but this is better. Check out "Product Videos". They have a map of the US showing which states frown on jammers...

Damn! I had no idea that they were illegal in TN. I guess I need to remember to turn it off after the first time it shifts their signal.

OP
OP
D

datruodb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's AWESOME!! Too bad it's illegal in Texas. I'd buy that QUICK!

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a list of states that show where it is illegal and legal on the link posted above. Look under "law". There seems to be 10 states where it is illegal.

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The map is for jammers (radar and laser respectively). The same site lists the legality of radar detectors as:
Are Radar Detectors Legal?

In the US, Radar detectors are legal for passenger vehicles in 49 states. Radar detectors are illegal in Virginia and Washington DC. Federal Law prohibits the use of radar detectors in all commercial vehicles over 10000 pounds. Radar detector use is also illegal on military bases.

In Canada, only Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan allow the use of radar detectors.

Various radar detector bans exist in other countries worldwide, check your local regulations.