Jeep key worked in a Viper

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Well, I've got it easy, becasue my 01 has an alarm cut-off switch in the center glove box. Maybe someone else can chime in with what to do on a 98.

Can you do me a favor, and don't post about how a Jeep key works in a Viper? Thats all we need is for the entire internet community to know about this! Do you think? I mean, what do you think?

TriJim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you start the Jeep with the Viper key?
wink.gif

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
There really isn't a huge varity between key sets despite the obvious potential. I had the keys to my yukon go home with someone else when the dealeship accidentally switched the keys. The other guy didn't know until he got home.

Is it possible? Sure, why not. The chances are 1:1,*** so I wouldn't get to uptight about it. In fact I'd go buy a lotto ticket to see if the odds were for me if I were you...

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 98's have the same alarm cut off in the glove box as the 01's. And being that as it is, the alarm will need to be turned off before starting the viper with or without the right key.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vic:
Well, I've got it easy, becasue my 01 has an alarm cut-off switch in the center glove box. Maybe someone else can chime in with what to do on a 98.

Can you do me a favor, and don't post about how a Jeep key works in a Viper? Thats all we need is for the entire internet community to know about this! Do you think? I mean, what do you think?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If any car uses the same basic key blank as a Viper it can be cut to work in a Viper. What is important to remember is that there are only so many different ways that a given blank can be cut, so there are some identical keys for different cars. A friend of mine had an SHO and my Bronco keys would open his door. Ignitions did not turn though.