Jerky motion, clunking?

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every now and then I get a weird feeling from the car. Please forgive my crude way of trying to explain this I don't know how to explain it really. I've dealt blown motor mounts on my neon ACRs and SRT-4s. While its being FWD I don't really know if this is how it should feel in this car. This is not my first RWD vehicle, I have had several, but it is my first Viper. In my other SRT-4s and Neon ACR I've run filled and solid motor mounts, so I am used to vibrations and a direct feel. With my trucks, well.. they are trucks and I am used to them riding like one.

'08, taking off from a stop or slow roll, sometimes it almost feels as if the whole rear end is loose or maybe this is a motor mount thing? Its almost like once it starts at slow, 5 mph or so if you don't get off the gas for hammer on it, the motion wants to keep going if you are part throttle. I have seen some mention about trans mounts? I dunno really what I should think about it, but I often wonder if one day I am going to leave a whole rear end behind me. :rolaugh: Really though, that's how soft it feels at times.

Anything I should look for? Any suggestions?

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a normal characteristic of the Viper. -parking lot speed 'trailer hitching'. Push the clutch when it occurs. The Viper has it's own personality, and doesn't like those driving conditions. -Very brutal, pissed-off car that just wants to GO! Kind of like riding a bull.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in an hoa with alot of rules and 200 homes so I try to keep quite for my neighbors when leaving or returning from a spirited run.
I'll just creep around thru the neighborhood in 2nd or 3rd from a dead stop so it doesn't grab and backlash the gears like you're seeing in 1st... I'm assuming you're doing this in 1st anyways.

Just use 1st gear when you're ready to get it up to speed quickly and have some fun... thats all. :D
Mike

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't have this issue with my 08. How many miles on the car? Have you changed the rear diff oil?

OP
OP
A

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
3800 miles. Had 2200 in it when I bought it a few months ago. Been doing it since I bought it. I have not done anything to the car.
Sometimes its fine, others it just feels like a marshmello. If its normal, im just trying to understand what I am feeling and why.

StyVip

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Poly Engine and trans mounts significantly reduce the bucking bronco effect all gen's suffer from at low spead.

killerviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That is a normal characteristic of the Viper. -parking lot speed 'trailer hitching'. Push the clutch when it occurs. The Viper has it's own personality, and doesn't like those driving conditions. -Very brutal, pissed-off car that just wants to GO! Kind of like riding a bull.

haha nice way of puttin it

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R