john2456

john2456

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty happy, Just bought a spectacular 2003 Viper with 17,000 miles always garaged West coast car. Not a mark on the paint and interior is showroom. Silver with black top, bone stock. Car gets delivered next week. It will go into the garage with a new car cover until June or clean streets. After I sold my Factory Five Cobra I was looking for a good "muscle car" and found it. John

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congrats on the new purchase. Muscle Cars have back seats though so great Sports Car

Bruce

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty happy, Just bought a spectacular 2003 Viper with 17,000 miles always garaged West coast car. Not a mark on the paint and interior is showroom. Silver with black top, bone stock. Car gets delivered next week. It will go into the garage with a new car cover until June or clean streets. After I sold my Factory Five Cobra I was looking for a good "muscle car" and found it. John

June?? Where are you the North Pole?
Good luck with it...:2tu:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My dentist's son was one of the engineers (and a racer) at Factory Five. They put out a really nice Cobra kit, my dentist and his son built an awesome 427 one! But, for me, nothing like a Viper!

Congrats on the purchase.:headbang:

By the way, I'm in CT where we still have about 3 feet of snow....and, I'll be taking my car out and too Chuck in March....hopefully!

OP
OP
J

john2456

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in Rhode Island ( 90 miles south of Boston) It's freezing here and the roads are in really bad shape with huge frost heaves, sand and gravel everywhere. This will be strictly a summer cruiser. Yes, I built the Cobra roadster with a friend and loved every minute. We built it during the winter and made winter less miserable. I bought a 347 Ford Racing stroker mated to a Tremec T5 with Koni coil-overs. 400 HP in a 2000 pound car. I could almost pull the front tires off the ground in 1st gear. I beat many Vettes off the line. However it had no roof,no heat,no windows. It was crude but super fun. This Viper is a LUXURY car compared to Cobra. I am Very impressed with the Viper fit and finish and suspension feels solid. Honestly have only driven it for 20 minutes so really can't comment on acceleration yet,but am sure it will be decent. Thanks to you all for your hospitality and welcoming to the Forum !!!!! John

wes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I live in Rhode Island ( 90 miles south of Boston) It's freezing here and the roads are in really bad shape with huge frost heaves, sand and gravel everywhere. This will be strictly a summer cruiser. Yes, I built the Cobra roadster with a friend and loved every minute. We built it during the winter and made winter less miserable. I bought a 347 Ford Racing stroker mated to a Tremec T5 with Koni coil-overs. 400 HP in a 2000 pound car. I could almost pull the front tires off the ground in 1st gear. I beat many Vettes off the line. However it had no roof,no heat,no windows. It was crude but super fun. This Viper is a LUXURY car compared to Cobra. I am Very impressed with the Viper fit and finish and suspension feels solid. Honestly have only driven it for 20 minutes so really can't comment on acceleration yet,but am sure it will be decent. Thanks to you all for your hospitality and welcoming to the Forum !!!!! John

Nice purchase but I would hate having the car as a "summer cruiser" only. Guess that's the advantage of living in warmer climates. Enjoy the new ride.

Wes

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
can't comment on acceleration yet, but am sure it will be decent.

There's the understatement of the day. :omg: I know you have experience with other cars, but just remember, snakes bite. Be careful.

We'll be expecting pictures....

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I am moving to Newport for 3 years in the beginning of April. I won't have my car with me at first but the plan is to move it up there. We will meet up.

OP
OP
J

john2456

Enthusiast
Reaction score
KNG SNKE, When you get to Newport, post me. I live 15 minutes away, or 5 minutes if driving the Viper! As soon as car is delivered I will post a few pics. Today 57 degrees in RI so finally some winter THAW here. Last nite I saw a video of a Viper on this forum that had been stroked. What a SWEET sound. It reminded me of my Cobra. As far as snake bites. I have a number of burns on my left leg as a result of real hot side pipe, as I got out of Cobra. The headers and pipe would glow red after a few wot runs. However, No replacement for displacement !! John

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations... 65 degrees in Jersey today but the roads are just too dirty and nasty for my Friday night cruise... Won't be that much longer though !