Jumper to Open Trunk in SRT

rleminv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last November there was a thread regarding how to open the trunk of an SRT without the key from under the hood. The solution was available by PM only. Could someone please PM this solution to me? Will save a lot of time if I am working in the shop and don't have my keys with me.

Thanks

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would you kindly send it to me as well. I have locked the keys in my trunk far from my home and it was a terrible evening.............

Thanks
Patrick

SRTTOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whoever has the answer to this question could you reply or post for all to see. Should not be classified or secret??

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whoever has the answer to this question could you reply or post for all to see. Should not be classified or secret??

Ah. maybe not. Do you want any, and I mean ANY, internet reader to know how to get into our cars when they are locked? I hope not as I do not want that type of info being posted on the car stealers of America web site. :)

viperrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Certainly appreciate your concern about confidentiality. Perhaps a reasonable solution would be to put the information on the VCA Members only forum. Bill

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Umm... you guys are forgetting, if your car is locked, you will set off the alarm opening the hood just to get to this jumper... So what is the big deal? On a regular car, if you left it unlocked, they could just pop the trunk from inside anyway... its the same thing.

OP
OP
R

rleminv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Umm... you guys are forgetting, if your car is locked, you will set off the alarm opening the hood just to get to this jumper... So what is the big deal? On a regular car, if you left it unlocked, they could just pop the trunk from inside anyway... its the same thing.

You are absolutely correct, however, in my case there are times I am working on my car in the shop, it is unlocked (alarm unarmed) and I need to get into trunk. I have been through my manual and service manual CD a dozen times and have been unable to locate how to open the trunk without cleaning up, going back around to the house, into my office and retrieve my keys. I know an extra set or key fob hidden in the shop would solve that, I just think it is an interesting challenge and wonder if there is a way to open it under the hood? Is there a trunk release button inside the cockpit I am completely unaware of? That's really embarrassing, where is it?

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

You are absolutely correct, however, in my case there are times I am working on my car in the shop, it is unlocked (alarm unarmed) and I need to get into trunk. I have been through my manual and service manual CD a dozen times and have been unable to locate how to open the trunk without cleaning up, going back around to the house, into my office and retrieve my keys. I know an extra set or key fob hidden in the shop would solve that, I just think it is an interesting challenge and wonder if there is a way to open it under the hood? Is there a trunk release button inside the cockpit I am completely unaware of? That's really embarrassing, where is it?

I think you took my post the wrong way. I was commenting on why people arent posting this openly on the forum instead of PM's. My point was who cares if its in the open forum- whether a theif knows how to pop the trunk or not is irrellevant, he still has to set off the main alarm to do it anyway, regardless. If the car is unlocked...it is no different than any other car WITH a trunk release- the theif can still get in the trunk.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah, contrair my dear sir. I, and several other convertible owners I know, have a tendency to lock up valuables in the trunk while leaving the top down (windows up though). You are correct in that the alarm is set. But anyone with a Paxton should be aware the "alarm" is basically the horn and the horn with Paxton doesn't have enough to alert anyone.

I stand by my assertion that the methods for opening the trunk or doors via from under the hood should be kept to only owners. I do not know them, and cannot speak for their effectiveness. But if they work I do not want the general public knowing about it. Next thing you will find is instructions for disconnecting the horn through the foglamp door.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes, but my point remains: A Viper with the top down is still MORE protected with the alarm on and someone having to fidgit with jumpers than another convertible with a trunk release that can just be reached over the window. There is NO difference.

I still fail to see how this is possible however through the fuse terminal under the hood. I have aschematic of it, and it is STRICTLY a Power Distrobution Center. There are no connections for the doors, trunk, controllers, bus, etc...anything. I think this may have been misundersttod by someone who is actually referring to the BCM under the dash. Now THAT, could unlock the trunk...but you better have a wiring diagram, cause it has over 100 connections.

If this is indeed done from under the hood, can someone please PM me? I would like to know this secret, cause it doesnt make sense to me right now!

OP
OP
R

rleminv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My laypersons research also found that it is controlled by the BCM in the dash. I certainly don't have the technical ability to attempt to read the wiring schematics and figure it out. Neither do I have the connections with DC to go to the source. So I did what I hoped was the next best and again attempted to use my VCA resources, went to the VCA forum and did a search that found a previous thread with discussion that referred to a solution via PM with similar responses of PM vs public forum. My question was and still is, is it possible to open the trunk without the key or remote? I believe this is the answer most of the responders to this post wanted. In attempting to use this forum as a research tool I regrettably awakened activities I have come to abhor with most, usually the younger, motorheads.

The PM vs public is a waste of time and energy. Attempting to win a debate and show how much intelligence one is willing to bless us with is fruitless and puts this post off topic. A definitive "no it can't be done" answer would have sufficed. I did better when I stayed away from VCA and all the egos. Thank you for the refresher. Call it thick skin and no patience for the aggressiveness of youth. It's time you get back to more important stuff like what Gen IIVXX is going to have and heaven forbid if the C304 Z06 is faster. Guys, you are entertaining and a riot! Alas, I need to waste time another way. Don't forget to add your parting bits of wisdom.

One last comment that should provide some good banter and forever identify me should I be back in the future, always seem to come back for something; do you think DC or any exotic manufacturer puts more weight on the youth or us "old guys" when it comes to what the final product will be on a $90K to $1MM automobile, who the initial buyers will be and who the second and third hand buyers are, if that is even part of the mix? If the initial target customer is the younger buyer, just how much of available super performance technology and new R&D can be had for the next Viper's target cost? Maybe GM has it right with the Corvette by at least providing as much as it does by using mass production techniques? Who knows, who cares, long live my Viper and bye. See, if you are really going to go off post, do it right. Larry

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
"If this is indeed done from under the hood, can someone please PM me? I would like to know this secret, cause it doesnt make sense to me right now!"

...YES, it can be done.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you PM me as well. Door secret also if you know that one also.

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will get with vipermad and have him post it in a members only section.The procedure is quite simple.I will do this later today

OP
OP
R

rleminv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will get with vipermad and have him post it in a members only section.The procedure is quite simple.I will do this later today

Thank you very much.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My laypersons research also found that it is controlled by the BCM in the dash. I certainly don't have the technical ability to attempt to read the wiring schematics and figure it out. Neither do I have the connections with DC to go to the source. So I did what I hoped was the next best and again attempted to use my VCA resources, went to the VCA forum and did a search that found a previous thread with discussion that referred to a solution via PM with similar responses of PM vs public forum. My question was and still is, is it possible to open the trunk without the key or remote? I believe this is the answer most of the responders to this post wanted. In attempting to use this forum as a research tool I regrettably awakened activities I have come to abhor with most, usually the younger, motorheads.

The PM vs public is a waste of time and energy. Attempting to win a debate and show how much intelligence one is willing to bless us with is fruitless and puts this post off topic. A definitive "no it can't be done" answer would have sufficed. I did better when I stayed away from VCA and all the egos. Thank you for the refresher. Call it thick skin and no patience for the aggressiveness of youth. It's time you get back to more important stuff like what Gen IIVXX is going to have and heaven forbid if the C304 Z06 is faster. Guys, you are entertaining and a riot! Alas, I need to waste time another way. Don't forget to add your parting bits of wisdom.

One last comment that should provide some good banter and forever identify me should I be back in the future, always seem to come back for something; do you think DC or any exotic manufacturer puts more weight on the youth or us "old guys" when it comes to what the final product will be on a $90K to $1MM automobile, who the initial buyers will be and who the second and third hand buyers are, if that is even part of the mix? If the initial target customer is the younger buyer, just how much of available super performance technology and new R&D can be had for the next Viper's target cost? Maybe GM has it right with the Corvette by at least providing as much as it does by using mass production techniques? Who knows, who cares, long live my Viper and bye. See, if you are really going to go off post, do it right. Larry

Who exactly was this intended for...?

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have not seen this yet on the members only section.............any changes or has it been denied for posting?

Thanks
Patrick

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang