Just a few words of appreciation regarding Tom Sessions

ERDOC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I sent my car to Tom a few weeks back for some issues with the car starting and running. After 4 weeks of working my car into his busy schedule of Viper work, dealership work, VCA events and family I got my car back yesterday with all issues resolved. Problems with starting and running had to do with a faulty fuel pump, a melted O2 sensor and the Unichip module which was removed. There were several other warranty issues taken care of during this visit also. I am one of those people who doesn't really mind waiting for something if it is done right. Kudos to you Tom! :2tu: It is truly a blessing to have such a conscientous and knowledegable Viper tech here in NC. I will not be sending my Viper to anyone else.

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to make light of some of the other great tech's out there, i.e. at Woodhouse, at Chuck Anderson Ford, Tator (from what I read here), but Tom Sessions is an outstanding tech!

Dodge sent him to KC to do my frame recall work because we don't have a local dealer willing to do them.

Not only is he an outstanding tech, he is a genuinely nice guy and a real gentleman to deal with.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to met Tom Session after owning my Viper for only a few weeks. I bought my 2000 GTS and dropped it off hours later to a Viper Tuner, and had some track mods done to it. 3 weeks and $19k later my wife and I drove my new Viper home via NC. We decided to make a vacation out of it and visited my parents in Connistee falls. The day before we were to leave to head home to Florida, the hatch latch come unglued. Having talked with Woodhouse many times about Vipers. I decided to give them a call to ask for advise and gave me Tom Sessions number in Willmington NC. After talking with Tom, he said he’d order a new hatch and install for me the next day. It was about a days drive with our luggage and the hatch tied down.

The next day Tom was changed out the glass and then checked to see if the car had had the frame recall done. It had not. He offered to do the recall and then gave us the keys to his personal truck to use while he did the work. My wife and I were floored, we had just met this man and here he is loaning us his personal vehicle so we could still make the best of our vacation. “ I’m sure he also wanted me to get out of his hair and stop asking him all those stupid Viper questions. But here’s the real kicker. While he was under the car he found the tuner I just paid all this money to upgrade my brakes, put the hose brackets on backwards and the shocks were about to rub a hole through my brake lines. Also my new halfshafts were throwing grease. So Tom called the tuner, explained the problem and got them to over night a new set of halfshafts and on his own time, switched the brake line brackets and halfshafts for me. Those of us who know great Viper tuners know, they are always swamped with work. Tom Session without knowing me from Adam did his damest to salvaged our vacation and make it possible to drive our car home to West Palm Beach Fl. Not only is Tom Session one finest Viper tech I’ve ever met but also one of the finest people. Truly I great human being.
Hope were not embarrassing you Tom

NDW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to agree 100% about Tom. I met Tom through the Viper Days events, and he has helped me many times throughout the season. Always very helpful, completely knowledgeable about the Viper, and extra nice to boot!

What a great guy and a tremedous asset to the Viper community.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah yeah - it's all fun and games until someone loses a Viper Tech...

Just fair warning - I know that Tom travels around and does recall work, Viper Days work and has helped numerous VCA members get their cars fixed PROPERLY after bad experiences - and he's a great guy, too.

But just let me get wind of ANY of you out-of-staters trying to bribe him to move to your area with promises of Viper and diesel truck only work, inproved working conditions, more benefits, his own shop, Disney vacations for his family etc - and I warn you - it won't be pretty....

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That Tom Sessions hasn't done anything to my Viper but repeatedly fix it well! LOL! He even stopped by my house on his way to ViperDays to check out a problem for me, quickly identified it, ordered the replacement part, no problem!

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What Janni said...
Even tho' I'm in Beijing this week, I had to log in from the hotel and respond to this also. I think Tom doesn't really like a lot of attention, because he's just so good at what he does, that he doesn't need the free advertising. However, as others have pointed out, he's also such an incredibly nice person that, coming from any "normal" kind of automotive service expectations, one is simply floored dealing with him.
My first experience came during the Carolina's Viperdays prep" session, when I was about the only Viper that showed up in Kenny Hawkins' shop and then Tom and Henry Cone spend practically the whole day getting my car ready for its first track event and answering my ten thousand noobie questions. Tom (and Kenny) refused to take any money for this, btw. Then a month or so later, I needed a clutch slave cylinder, and Tom took his Saturday (most of it) to accomodate me, and not only replaced the ailing part, but, since he had a new clutch and flywheel in the shop, and my car needed both, he put those in while the tranny was dropped. I won't embarrass him further by revealing the amount he asked for all this, but suffice it to say I couldn't in good conscience pay that little, so I adjusted it up a bit.
As Janni said, you other guys can't have him! And I'll bet the NE folks feel just as strongly about Chuck T.
How come when I drove a Vette I never ran into people like the Cones, Kenny, and Tom? Viper people are truly special. :2tu: :usa:

HOGDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TOM is the BEST!!!

Tom preped my Viper Days car (#101) and did some major upgrades he is awesome. Although, he does talk funny :)

OP
OP
E

ERDOC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah yeah - it's all fun and games until someone loses a Viper Tech...

Just fair warning - I know that Tom travels around and does recall work, Viper Days work and has helped numerous VCA members get their cars fixed PROPERLY after bad experiences - and he's a great guy, too.

But just let me get wind of ANY of you out-of-staters trying to bribe him to move to your area with promises of Viper and diesel truck only work, inproved working conditions, more benefits, his own shop, Disney vacations for his family etc - and I warn you - it won't be pretty....

Yeah, what she said! :cool: I sometimes fix broken bones but I can break them also! :D :2tu:

1ylwvpr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like everyone has a on story how Tom has helped them. Same here, he helped me at a Viper Days event at Gingerman Race Track. Worked with me, climbing all over the car until he found the problem, this even though he had people after him the whole time. Great guy!

Tomcat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom is moving to Atlanta January 2005.

I am buying him a 5,000 sf home with 3 car garage, a 40 x 60 garage in back on 13 acres and with a base salary of $128,347.37. Camm me if you would like future servive from Tom.

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey! For that kinda Koin, you can call me Tom!

Jay "The New Tom Sessions" K.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright Tom - now ya know I like ya - but them are fighting words.....

Sleep with your eyes open - watching your car - at Hallett. I just happen to have a few sprinkles of "slow dust" left in my race kit. :)

Tomcat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ms. Cone, slow dust from YOU would make ME faster since your slowest times are better than my best! We shall see you in about a week!

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Tom, is a great tech that really cares and KNOWS his stuff. I wish we had more techs like him around. Very! Very! cool man. I LOVE YOU MAN! LOL!

NDW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update: The Texas group has met in executive session and formulated the following offer for Tom to move to Texas.

Base Salary: $145,000 + 25% of net profits
Housing: 6,000 sf / 20 acres / & his own oil well
Vacation: 6 weeks paid/year + unlimited use of the ski lodge & unlimited use of the beach house
Shop: 3,200 sf / heated floors / air conditioned / personal shop assistant / Only Vipers

Janni,

You guys in NC are going to have to do better than this if you want to keep Tom. Let the flaming begin! :2tu:

Newt

P.S. Please don't bring your slow dust to finals... I need all of the speed I can find.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Update: The Texas group has met in executive session and formulated the following offer for Tom to move to Texas.

Base Salary: $145,000 + 25% of net profits
Housing: 6,000 sf / 20 acres / & his own oil well
Vacation: 6 weeks paid/year + unlimited use of the ski lodge & unlimited use of the beach house
Shop: 3,200 sf / heated floors / air conditioned / personal shop assistant / Only Vipers

Janni,

You guys in NC are going to have to do better than this if you want to keep Tom. Let the flaming begin! :2tu:

Newt

P.S. Please don't bring your slow dust to finals... I need all of the speed I can find.

Well, I am going to double that offer above for him to move to KY and also have 12 dancing monekys with ten top heavy blondes, brunettes as mechanic assistances! :2tu:

#54gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya'll crazy with these offers I just signed him up with me. 20 year contract for a worm meal and some clean sheets :D

Eyal

PirateViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on people I gotta live in the same town with this dude.Our town is just not big enough for his ever increasing head.No seriously Toms a great guy ,I consider him a good friend.I talk to him often and he is doing such a great job for viper nation.What you guys dont realize is that coastal eastern north carolina is a wonderful place to live,forget the hurricanes,that Toms not going anywhere.His family is here and besides you guys will continue to send your vipers here so why leave.I have seen so many of you guys vipers its amazing.Keep sending them here Toms going nowhere!

BigDane

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom is a awesome guy, it really is great to have him here in town. He is honestly probally one of the nicest ppl I have ever met and will go out of his way to help you and you just cant say that about many ppl anymore.

BTW ERDOC your car is amazing I got to take a look at it while it was here in town.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21