Just a question about videoing Viper events.

Vreracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not mentioning anything in particular.

I do quite a bit of video work. Its boring around here so I need a hobby.

If someone participates in Viper events and photographs or Videos are they restricted in what they video or take pictures of?

Second, if they then show these pictures in some other venue are they breaking some type of copywrite laws?

S

SUN RA KAT

Pictureman:

I just LOVE your avatar picture. Much DIFFERENT!

Me too. I might have to get me some vinyl stripes for my yellow monster in a few years just so I can feel like I have a new Viper.

:2tu:

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you are OK for anything video'd in public for personal use.

Where it gets fuzzy is if you start showing them or selling them, then you'd need releases signed from the video'ees.

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Janni, I don't think that is the case. If you are video taping from a public location, you don't need a release. Take for example all of these new shows that show celebrity sightings -- the ones showing drunk pop singers or actors fighting with the photographers. I am betting the didn't sign any releases. If you're at a track and signed some wavier that prevents you from doing so, then that would be different.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
superbar - true enough for public celebrity videos - there is an assumption of being "watched" etc while in public. However, most Viper events, i.e. ViperDays are not open to the public, so if the attendees are at a non-public event, there is an assumption of prviacy. I would at least talk to the event organizers if I were videotaping at a non-public event.

OP
OP
V

Vreracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Part of my concern was a posting not too long ago in which some individuals were asked to delete their pictures.

Made me think that in some situations participants may not be eager to be videoed.

One of the painters I know will ask people if he can paint their picture. He has them sign a release. He then pays them $10 and gives them a reciept with paid in full on it. In case the painting becomes well known he now has a receipt to show the person was paid in full.

His only concern once was when a man asked if the painter could paint his wife in the ****. The painter replied, "Could I at least wear my boots?"

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang