Just Bought a 2005 Mamba...Need someone to check it out in Bath, PA

Raheel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just purchased a used 2005 Mamba edition with 163 miles on it from a dealer in Bath, Pennsylvania. Supposedly, the previous owner's wife didn't like it as a daily driver and instead bought a Vette and sold this car back to the dealer it was originially bought from.

I have checked the Vehicle History Report and it all checks out fine but I would appreciate if there are any forum members in the area who could help me check out the car in person before it is shipped to California???? Or if anyone has already looked at it or knows anything about this car??

Would really appreciate your help.

The vehicle is at the Brown Daub Dodge dealership in Bath, PA.

Thanks

Raheel

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try contacting tha PA/WVA VCA President, he should be able to hook you up with someone in that area.
Denny Kurzejewski
Work 570.662.7000
You can also find his email under the regions section on the front page here, I'm reluctant to post that as it would be picked for spamming purposes. His home phone is there
too. Nice guy, I had dinner with him in January. When you find out what he does for a living you will KNOW how helpful he could be!

Mamba55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well if you get this car the first thing you should do is check out the frame. Not trying to scare you or anything but that is the most important you should check out first.
good luck with the car. BTW what number is the mamba. I have number 55/200.
EYE CATCHER car. :)

OP
OP
R

Raheel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well if you get this car the first thing you should do is check out the frame. Not trying to scare you or anything but that is the most important you should check out first.
good luck with the car. BTW what number is the mamba. I have number 55/200.
EYE CATCHER car. :)

Thanks for your advice. I have asked Keith to do a check for me when he goes to check it out. It is number 193/200.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The odds on an accident should be low at those miles, but check it anyway. More importantly 163 miles means a lot of "test drives", possible joy rides by either potential customers or dealer guys. The Viper break in schedule is very specific due to tight tolerances. No full throttle stuff before the first 500-1000 miles. I would ask hard questions about this. Having said that I would not be afraid of the car if it is a killer deal. I would use the hard questions about the break in period to negotiate the best deal in history on an extended mileage warranty. Now you're good to go no matter what. I would also get a baseline on the warranty price by shopping it with Pemberton, Tator, Roanoke. Actually might be good to check with some of those folks to see if they have a car like this with 0 miles first. You can buy the extended warranty from any dealer after your purchase, I just think you might have some leverage with the selling dealer with those breakin miles. That Mamba is a beautiful car!

OP
OP
R

Raheel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was bought in April by the first owner (and delivered to him) with only 3 miles on it. So there are really no test drives or joy rides on the car by anyone except the owner. It was mainly for the wife who didn't appreciate the charecteristics of the car and decided to sell it. I discussed the break-in aspect at length with the dealer and was assured that the original buyer was a true "gentleman" who is not into performance driving. The car was hardly driven and only as a weekend car.

Did I get a killer deal on it? I'd think I did. My purchase price is $68.4K.

The warranty is the basic 3 yr/36K miles. I had checked the extended coverage (7 yrs/70K miles) and was quoted somewhere around $2000 by a Chrysler dealer in San Diego, if I remember it correctly. Do I need to get one is a question????

98MODMTR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was bought in April by the first owner (and delivered to him) with only 3 miles on it. So there are really no test drives or joy rides on the car by anyone except the owner. It was mainly for the wife who didn't appreciate the charecteristics of the car and decided to sell it. I discussed the break-in aspect at length with the dealer and was assured that the original buyer was a true "gentleman" who is not into performance driving. The car was hardly driven and only as a weekend car.

The warranty is the basic 3 yr/36K miles. I had checked the extended coverage (7 yrs/70K miles) and was quoted somewhere around $2000 by a Chrysler dealer in San Diego, if I remember it correctly. Do I need to get one is a question????

Yes! Get the warranty!!!

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Matters how long you plan to keep the car.

Greg-TT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I too just bought a brand new 05 Silver Mamba(#88) from Salmon River Dodge in Salmon, Idaho. Had the car delivered in enclosed carrier and took the delivery on 12/19/05 7:20 AM. It was the NICEST Christmas present I ever got it for myself and I still can't believe I own this beast. My car had 20 mi. on the odometer, but it was absolutely in perfect condition cosmetically and mechanically. The car now has 220 mi. and just got the plate yesterday. Since you're in CA, you have to get the car smogged before taking to the DMV for a registration. I paid $69,500 delivered to Fullerton, CA. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala