Just bought Damaged RT/10...Was it yours???

pacethat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all,
As mentioned in earlier post, I just bought a slightly damaged 95 RT/10. As the community is rather small, I was wondering if it used to belong to someone on the forum, or someone you knew.
Here's the vitals:
The car is titled in TX (TX PLATE F56-DHB)
VIN: 1B3BR65E2SV200116
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1756299&a=13581379

If the owner is around, I'd be interested in talking about the car, what's been modified, etc.
Thanks,
Josh Meeks

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Makes ya wanna cry!! Are you going to have it repainted? I'm sure setting the fascia on top of the hood couldn't have been healthy for the rest of the paint.

Afy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Josh,
Was the car a salvage title ie totalled..?

Since it looks to me that the car didnt suffer too much damage, considering that even the air bags dont seem to have deployed.

BTW Jon B seems to be the person you should be speaking to for replacement parts..
smile.gif

I hope you have better luck than the previous owner..
smile.gif
smile.gif

A

Afy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brendan B - 93 RT/10:
Vipers didn't get airbags until '96.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Ouch!
frown.gif
frown.gif

OP
OP
P

pacethat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
&gt;&gt;&gt;I'm sure setting the fascia on top of the hood couldn't have been healthy

Yeah, in fact, it scratched the rear deck a little bit. It really makes me sick how little care some people take after a car is damaged. When people viewed the car at auction, they lifted the hood up and down and put gouges in both doors where the hood was no longer hinged...

I'm going to have the entire car repainted (any idea if the stripe was original...if not, I'll probably change the color of the stripe to make it a little more silver).
The car was totalled...mainly because of the cost of parts from Dodge (get this, our lovely hoods are 18k and the front bumpers are 10k directly from Dodge). Those two things alone can total the car out...95 was (in my understanding) the last year w/o air bags, so they didn't blow.
Already hit JonB up for parts (partsrack.com right?), I hope we can finish up the order soon
smile.gif

It really looks worse in the pics than it is. Once you take the damaged parts off, it doesn't look that bad. Thanks for all of your help guys!

Afy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CorvetteConvert:

The car was totalled...mainly because of the cost of parts from Dodge (get this, our lovely hoods are 18k and the front bumpers are 10k directly from Dodge).
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are joking right.. :eek:
Ouch! Is the hood in one piece..

OP
OP
P

pacethat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, I'm not joking...I was lucky enough to find a good buy on a used hood...

Yes, I paid more than $10k...most people will pay coming close to that for the engine alone...not counting the trans and rear end. Nonetheless, the entire repair, including a show quality paint job (but not including the wheels I am upgrading to), will be under 10k...
It's quite obviously more than just hanging the parts, but I have worked with salvage vettes for a while, and have a competent repair shop which will do a good job for a reasonable price...
I'll post more pics as I get them so you all can see how little it was really damaged.
The parts in the seat were a disappointment, but it's all cleaned up now, no scars...

Double Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Corvette...

For the unknowing, I think it looks like a straight forward repair job. Frame horns bent any? Coldn't tell from the photo's.

It's a shame that it has a salvage title for such little damage.
Good luck with it and post pictures of the progress please.
DV

AndyR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How could an $18k hood, $10k bumper, show paint, etc. cost less than $10K?

OP
OP
P

pacethat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
How could an $18k hood, $10k bumper, show paint, etc. cost less than $10K?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, found the hood on eBay for $800 instead of $18k...JonB found the front fascia assy for about $1k (with support). Nobody said you had to buy from Dodge, but insurance companies aren't in the repair business, they just write the premiums to cover potential losses. The show paint comes easy because the guy that does my paint gives it to me cheaper since he paints about 2 cars per month for me...
...I buy from Copart...I have bought from IAAI before, but don't usually have time to keep up with both.

RickV2K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congratch josh.....i think when all's said and done you're gonna have one gorgeous car. don't forget to take some good before & after pics.

rick

jk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck in your project!

Here is the info off the Texas public database lookup by license plate:

Owner name JESSE H SUTTI
Owner address 5711 WATERVIEW DR
Owner city/state/zip ARLINGTON ,TX 76016
VIN 1B3BR65E2SV200116
Current plate F56DHB
Current reg. expires 07/2001
Previous owner name MEADOR CHRYSLER/PLYMOUTH
Previous plate F56DHB
Previous reg. expired 07/2000
Previous owner city/state FT WORTH ,TX
Title issue date Aug 19 1999
Title process code
Title bind code
Document number 22038136375162100
Document type code 01
Vehicle body type CV
Vehicle class code PASS
Vehicle model year 1995
Vehicle make DODG
Vehicle model VIP
Reg.sticker number 8243956WB
Reg.trans code RENEW
Reg.county code 220
Reg.effective date Aug 1 2000
Vehicle body VIN
Vehicle odmeter brnd A
Vehicle odmeter read 14010
Vehicle sales price 04300000

jk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is a "public" website in that the information posted is all public, but it is a fee-based service. You can access the site at http://www.publicdata.com/ I think the fee is $25/year. I used it a lot when I was searching the Texas license plates for a good plate to use on the Viper. Of course it has come in handy when I need to find the owner of a car, or do sex offender search in my neighborhood, or try to find an old friend.