Just Dynoed against a new Z-06

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GR8, I completely agree with you when you say: "You pound time after time on the Viper and then make a pure bs statement like that. I say get the heck off of our forum. You have no reason to be here. You do not nor have you ever liked the Viper. So shoo." I thought this forum was for VIPER owners. I am so tired of NON VIPER OWNERS putting down our great rides. Does DC let them on our forum in the hope they might buy a new Viper? In my openion they are all wan-na-bees.

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GR8, I completely agree with you when you say: "You pound time after time on the Viper and then make a pure bs statement like that. I say get the heck off of our forum. You have no reason to be here. You do not nor have you ever liked the Viper. So shoo." I thought this forum was for VIPER owners. I am so tired of NON VIPER OWNERS putting down our great rides. Does DC let them on our forum in the hope they might buy a new Viper? In my openion they are all wan-na-bees.

What are you talking about??

You do not nor have you ever liked the Viper.

I flew to Atlanta this week to look at a '96 B&W GTS, it had 21,000 miles and the owner wanted a FIRM $59,000. He advertised it for $60K but was willing to "deal". :rolleyes:

I didn't know some guys here were so sensitive, damn grow a sack for christ sake. I'm critical about my own cars, my favorite of the group, the Hemi, is the most UNRELIABLE car I've ever owned yet it is my favorite. If I had $1 for every time I wanted to put a 7mm mag round through the block. :D

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The vette guy posted this on the vette forums, and his story is very different.

Besides your car is NOT stock so comparing is pointless.

Who cares what the "Vette guys" post...............
Both cars are incredible performers, either way you go
True one is an exotic super car and the other is well a Vette. LOL :eek:

.......Coming from the most insecure member of this site.

You're so much of a poser you don't realize that it's still a Dodge. :D

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The great Mopar 427 speak: "What are you talking about??"

The Viper has less RWHP, 300lbs heavier and worse gearing, yet you can't see how it can lose??

Now do you see anything inaccurate about your quote above? If not let's break it down:

Lower RWHP: What based on one magazines test. The margin for test error is probably in the 5% range between tests on the same dyno. The variation car to car is probably another 5%. And you are going to say the vette wins for RWHP based on one test with a 1% difference. Great logic. Now the advertised crankshaft horsepower is 1 % better in favor of the Viper (now these tests were both performed third party and consist of the average of 3 tests). Do you agree that the Viper has a small advantage there? They share the same basic transmission gearset so there should be no significant difference there. And a higher numerical gear ratio differential should have more loss. So doubtful you will convince many here that the vette has "more RWHP."

Worse gearing: What is your definition? For 0-60, 0-100, 1/4 mile, a specific road track ...? If you are referencing the accelerations you may note that both top out in 1st at just about 60. Both top out in 3rd gear in the 1/4 mile. So there is no clarity to your assertion of a worse differential ratio. Given their engine speed ranges the diff ratios are nearly identical.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Why don't we just say that the two cars (the Z06 option anyway)are comparable in performace? As far as looks go ... well, the vette looks like all the other vettes out there unless you open the hood or look at the back tires. The Viper doesn't have a 'baby motor' option so ALL Vipers are fast, not just a small percentage of them. With slicks the Viper should win every time.

If you want to go fast, then you're not going with a stocker anyway. The Viper is easier to modify and gets bigger numbers easily.

The vette forum had a comment that the vette sounds like a "race car" and the Viper sounds like a "UPS Truck". I think that the Viper sounds like crap stock, and should be fixed immediately upon purchase. Of course that would mean that it sounds better than any vette and wins the hp war easily. Sorry, but the government required Cats are sh-t.

A 1,000hp Supra? Can't imagine how much that cost, probably as much as a 15-2000hp Viper?

Looks wise, everyone knows a Viper from a mile away. A vette looks like a camaro until it's close and then you can't tell if it's a vette or a Z06 unless it stops. I don't see much comparison between them. Viper all the way.

I have 3 cars that make more hp than a STOCK Viper, but my Viper makes 720rwhp and that's the way it should be. 10.5 et on Michelins should be enough to kill any vette I'll ever meet, including the Z06 that beat my Stealth last year. Unfortunately, I've only seen 2 Z06's in my life. There isn't enough of them to go around.

Ted

usaf0016

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, coming from a KID so dont believe a single word out of my mouth, I would like to say to everyone. What is going to happen when the '08 comes out with 600hp? will the vette guys say "so what" or will they say "but look what Chevy is supposedly planning!!!!" or will they whine that somehow the Viper is cheating? All I want is for this new car to come out to shut the Vette guys up, they FINALLY have a place to talk because of the new Zo6 but, what about 1992-2005 when vipers OWNED them, how many Vettes were built in that time? every single one of those Vettes is owned stock for stock by any Viper. Now they have a car thats in limited production, and they all of a sudden think they are kings of the road. Just go look at history, good job Vette for finally realizing after 13 years that you were getting your a$$ beat.

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chevy 350 your comments are always the same...bash,bash and more bashing it's so getting old. As in regards the Z06 it's just another one of the millions out there on the streets no one ever notices them anymore there just like Mustangs a dime a dozen!

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't waste yout time arguing GR8 ASP, he's been trolling these boards since 2004 while he "looks" for a Viper. If you can't find one now, when prices are really flat, you ain't looking too hard.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to go off topic here, but I noticed STUGOTS posted quite a long time ago here on this thread...has ANYONE heard from him lately???? His Dad was undergoing some hard times a few months back, would just like to know how he and his family are doing? Anybody know? (I've pm'd him, haven't heard back)....thanx! (sorry to steal this thread)
~juli~

Flyntgr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My '05 Viper with Arrow rebuild (25,000 total miles on it) dynoed 483rwhp and 506rwt, on a dynojet. These numbers were verified by another machine in another state. Now, for a reflashed computer and dyno....

usaf0016

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so is it safe to say blusnake has already done the mentioned mods? lol

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Too bad a Viper has more torque on its lugnuts than that Supra until 7K RPM...

I beg to differ. I own both a Supra and a Viper. My Supra makes over 600 lb ft of torque to the wheels at 4300 rpm and turns high 1.4 60' times on drag radials. Power is strong from 3500 rpm to 8000.

Some guys set their Supras up to make big numbers on the dyno. Other guys (like me) set them up to be fast. When it comes to straight line accelleration, my Supra still kicks the crap out of my Viper.

texas_venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I pulled 453rwhp and 474rwtq at DC Performance last month on there dyno day for the SoCal group. I have an 04 with just a K&N filter on it. Whats wrong with his numbers????

And one more thing, I live in SoCal and see 15-20 Vettes every day. The Z06 looks like every other one driving by. If I am lucky (outside of our meets) I will see 1 Viper a month cruising around. 1!!!! So I am pretty happy when I am driving a "one of a kind" around as opposed to the ever day Corvette. And so what if it has a little star power... you buy a sports car for the attention... and performance.

Last edited:

wbexxon

Viper Owner
Reaction score
not that I post much but I would guess over half of all vipers are modded with many being a paxton set up so the chances on the street for a vette are slim. Ive already raced one and beat it fairly bad (mine has paxton and some other mods).
the supra is a sweet car if there was a head gasket that would last. Cant count how many my friends and I have replaced.

Flyntgr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have bellanger exhausts with cats,but without crossovers , and chrome moly pushrods and Green filters; otherwise it's stock. My car before reflash pulls 483 rwhp/506 rwt. I'm thinking a reflash will give her about 500 rwhp, or 575 hp at the flywheel.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala