Just Dynoed against a new Z-06

BLKSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got back from a dyno night at the local dyno. There was a new Z-06 with 2500 miles on it.

He dynoed corrected at 453 HP and 431 max torque (second run)

I ran imediately after him- my first run was strong 455 HP and 487 ft/lbs, my second run I shifted into 6th instead of 4th- I decided to run anyway but had to shut down at about 185

I imediately ran again and hit

453 HP and 496 max torque.

then a Supra put us both to shame with a 900 HP run- he tried to hit the spray but his computer shut him down.

Now I am ready to start the install of my Paxton

:)

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can hear the cries in the chevy peanut gallery now. Great numbers Blk Snake. I have an 05 thats having the paxton put on it. Should be ready on Tuesday. I rode in one and it convinced me its the way to fly. I will be giving a full report after my 300 mile ride home from Miami.

Dawg2Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
then a Supra put us both to shame with a 900 HP run- he tried to hit the spray but his computer shut him down.

Gotta love that inline 6 cylinder in the Supra that can put down those numbers!

OP
OP
B

BLKSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was a dynojet- I have a K&N and a VEC-2

I was running with the "mild" program which lets me run a little richer earlier in the curve and leaner at higher rpm- its one of the demo programs Shawn ships with the VEC-2.

I thought it interesting that the 453HP numbers matched a recent MT (I think) article that post Dyno numbers.In that article the Z-06 put down 453 HP.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could you post the graphs for both vehicles? It would be particularly interesting to see the torque part of the graphs.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could you post the graphs for both vehicles? It would be particularly interesting to see the torque part of the graphs.

I don't know if they give you the OTHER guys sheet

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought it interesting that the 453HP numbers matched a recent MT (I think) article that post Dyno numbers.In that article the Z-06 put down 453 HP.

That can't be... By putting down the same numbers as quoted that must mean the dyno numbers are accurate and that GM didn't pay off the magazine like it has been stated here.

Enough of the sarcasm, GREAT NUMBERS :2tu:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got back from a dyno night at the local dyno. There was a new Z-06 with 2500 miles on it.

He dynoed corrected at 453 HP and 431 max torque (second run)

Based on the above, I thought that he might have obtained a copy. Stranger things have happened.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The vette guy posted this on the vette forums, and his story is very different.

Besides your car is NOT stock so comparing is pointless.

Mach10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Who cares what the "Vette guys" post...............
Both cars are incredible performers, either way you go

pumpgas

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You better post up your dyno sheets to avoid what is coming next after everyone reads the "other" post.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pumpgas, thanks for the link. Interesting read over there.

yes VERY

1 good thing I DO see is there are a few of those guys that respect both cars and will be honest, then theres others that are full of it.

Honestly in a straight line with those 2 cars (judging by final dyno #'s) I can't see the viper losing

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly in a straight line with those 2 cars (judging by final dyno #'s) I can't see the viper losing

The Viper has less RWHP, 300lbs heavier and worse gearing, yet you can't see how it can lose??

Who cares, two great cars without a doubt. :cool:

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"The Viper has less RWHP"

Now Mopar (or Chevy in any other forum), now you are full of BS. The RWHP numbers are about the same, as one should expect that given that the crankshaft outputs are within 5 hp of each other and use the same basic transmission gearset.

You pound time after time on the Viper and then make a pure bs statement like that. I say get the heck off of our forum. You have no reason to be here. You do not nor have you ever liked the Viper. So shoo.

And btw I have dynoed mine when it was stock and got about the same numbers (rounded 450 RWHP and 490 RWTQ). There are guys like you on the vette forum that think an SRT dynos less than 410 RWHP. Now who is kidding whom?

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"The Viper has less RWHP"

Now Mopar (or Chevy in any other forum), now you are full of BS. The RWHP numbers are about the same, as one should expect that given that the crankshaft outputs are within 5 hp of each other and use the same basic transmission gearset.

You pound time after time on the Viper and then make a pure bs statement like that. I say get the heck off of our forum. You have no reason to be here. You do not nor have you ever liked the Viper. So shoo.

And btw I have dynoed mine when it was stock and got about the same numbers (rounded 450 RWHP and 490 RWTQ). There are guys like you on the vette forum that think an SRT dynos less than 410 RWHP. Now who is kidding whom?

I was merely going by Motor Trend dyno numbers, tnumbers above is stock vs modified, so it's not an equal comparison.

True I am critical about the Gen III coupes, but I'm more critical on the cars I own, make no mistake. I have said time and time again I would and WILL buy a Gen II GTS over a new Z06 ANYDAY.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was merely going by Motor Trend dyno numbers, tnumbers above is stock vs modified, so it's not an equal comparison.
And what was the HUGE difference??? The magazine indicates 447 vs 453 RWHP and 431 vs 411 RWTQ. Don't know how many runs they made but I have experienced more than that in run to run variance with the same car, same day, same dyno setup. The Motor Trend numbers look a little suspect as the Viper torque was down considerably versus the normal measured here (My Gen I stock had more than 431 ft-lbs).

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
look at the thread about the snake beating the new Z both bone stock!!!!!!!!

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
STu that is ONE experience. As indicated driver is a more significant variable than the car between the two. I think (my $0.02) is that on the street with normal traction it will be up to the driver almost purely. On the track I think it comes down to traction. If traction is great then I think the Viper can hold its own due to greater torque. But if normal or poor traction the Z06 will probably win, assuming equal drivers.

But, with 3 model years of SRTs on the street, those poor Z06's will encounter many a SRT that is not stock and will blow their doors off. I can speak to helping provide that experience to several already :)

VipeRicK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GR8 ASP I think you are absolutley correct in your assessment of the Viper. I would have really beaten this guy even worse if I didn't lose a little traction out of first, and believe me he was a really decent driver, I know because I may not be the best racer on this board, but let me say this, and I'm probably showing my age but, I owned a brand new Dodge Charger R/t (1969), Brand new 1965 GTO tri-power, 427 Vette, Still own 1996 Vette, so if he was able to stay that close to me he was a good driver. I would have to rate the cars almost a toss up, I have to be honest, But the Viper definitely has the edge out of 2nd and third Gear. So, on the street the best driver will win between the two cars and The Viper is the better car in my experience, with the right driver it will win everytime. It is truly a GREAT CAR and I have owned Many , far more than I mentioned.

OP
OP
B

BLKSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score

see my latest post- his dyno sheet will be posted at etrackmasters.com in the next week or two

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Who cares what the "Vette guys" post...............
Both cars are incredible performers, either way you go
True one is an exotic super car and the other is well a Vette. LOL :eek:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VenomXX