Just got a viper and..

berneto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, bought a used 04 viper, 25K miles on it.

The brakes sqeak when doing 10mph-0, is brake check good enough? any specific brand or w/e I need?

Also, the front right area when going slow and turning makes a sqeak, pause, sqeak, pause, what could that be caused from? Just want to get it down so I can maybe help them out in the shop. Thanks

Anyways, I love the viper, its alot different than the lotus, and look forward to being here on the forum.

Last edited:

Luke@tirerack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
have a qualified technician check you brakes .... sounds like your pads may be close to worn out

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't speak to GenIII but my Gen II sounds like a lumber truck with factory pads that are in good condition,but I checked them out initially just to make sure.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably normal.Hard pads equals squeek.Just ease up or use more foot to stay out of the squeek area.That is,brake later and harder results in no squeek.I kow its new to you but you are being a little too tenative

OP
OP
B

berneto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably normal.Hard pads equals squeek.Just ease up or use more foot to stay out of the squeek area.That is,brake later and harder results in no squeek.I kow its new to you but you are being a little too tenative

Will try that out, thanks.

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I were you, I would take it to a certified Viper Technician and have them do a 21 point inspection on it, well worth the $200 if you ask me. Thats what I did as I did the same and bought a used 2004. Your wheel alignment could be way off, or something else could be wrong and you don't want to drive it around like that and make things worse.

SRTLEN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Get your brakes checked by a Tech. My 04 had a light brake squeak at the same speed since new, didn't sound like anything serious. Had brakes sqeak with different vehicles.

Took it into the dealer for regular service a few weeks back and while looking the car over they noticed that one of the park brake calipers had been dragging and prematurely wore out one of the park brake pads. They replaced the cable and caliper on the affected side.
Len

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You find out if your brakes are okay? My Viper was around the same amount of miles when I bought it and do the same thing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ar Tee Ten