Just got AEM for my birth day..

ASKYOURWIFE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just had the best birthday of my short 27 year life man....

My wife through me a party and to my surprise my cake had an rt10 Viper on it..Even more surprising was unwrapping a brand new AEM computer??????

seems that my wife colaberated with my viper owning buddy and got this for me..

i was seriously speechless when i unwrapped it..Whats even funnier is that it was wrapped with newspaper..all my friends at the party had no idea what it was and thought it was some kind of video game. they had no idea that i had just received a $2000 dollar gift...And i felt it would be rude to tell them..but man oh man what a night!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK...So im currently at 428 rwhp/473 rwt with smooth tubes and no cats..What could i expect with the AEM tune...

Also...Is it better just to wait till i get some other mods like roller rockers or headers before I have this thing tuned..Sorry im used to C5 vettes and simple hand held computers..

ill post pics of my party later, when im not drunk

OP
OP
A

ASKYOURWIFE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea think ill get atleast RR's first...

Should pick up a solid 30 rwhp with the RR's and AEM putting me around 458 rwhp or maybe a lil more...

I still just cant beleave my wife dropped that kinda dough on me. Normally she scoffs at the idea of me spending 100 bucks on a car...

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree with everything previously posted regarding AEM. You really need more mods to get the most out of it. BTW, Happy Birthday! (mine was last Thursday)

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the aem! It is more like a 2500 gift than 2k,

But please BE CAREFUL! You can seriously damage your engine. This is not a simple bolt-on.

I don't think that you will see the benefits of an AEM with your set-up. But you sure will learn a lot in the process.

Keep us all posted and don't blow your sh*t up!

JD

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So being that this was a present from your wife, you still have that 2300 to spend for yourself right? :2tu:

OP
OP
A

ASKYOURWIFE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So being that this was a present from your wife, you still have that 2300 to spend for yourself right? :2tu:

Hey CROM...Thats the million dollar question...But man how could I ask her for the money now man????

She colaberated with my buddy ( TOOFAST) to see what I should get. Though I would have really wanted to get 2-3 used bolt ons and have that instant extra 50 rwhp right now..

TooFAST was really looking out for me, and wanted me to knock out what he calls the BRAINS first off, since Im lusting after big power with this car....And toofast would know, since he recently dynoed 720 rwhp and 900 tourque...

Im just gonna have to save up a good 700$ for the install and tune as well as 1300 for the 1.7 RR install....

SEASNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This was posted on another topic (talking about an AEM):

"I'm fond of mentioning that i took a bone stock 97 GTS and tuned it from baseline to 50 more rwhp and 75tq in bone-stock form. There is MUCH left over in these cars. Plus A/F is NOT optimum in stock form. "

Please let us know how this turns out. I've seen the AEM demo on the viper on their website and they had some pretty impressive improvement numbers. Unfortunately, they actually wound up with just a little over real stock performance. They were showing a GEN II car us making 370 rwhp at first, which just isn't plausible.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put the AEM unit on your car right now, you dont need to do anything else.

You will pick up power, at certain RPM close to 50rwhp and even more torque. I have seen it first hand on several vipers, including mine which went from ~430-450+rwhp, and went from 480rwtq to 510rwtq.

Not to mention the multitude of other imporvements in your cars driving behavior like, cooler opperation, traction control, smoother idle, etc, etc, etc...

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think she deserves a backrub and uhhh... YOU KNOW.

haha

very nice of her:)

OP
OP
A

ASKYOURWIFE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thinks for the kind words guys...Im expecting a solid 20 rwhp..Wich in contrast is about the same I was expecting from RR's 1.7's..

If I do pick up 30 then trust me Ill be amazed..but 20 plus all the other things the AEM is capable of will be more than enough for me..

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96