Just got back from picking up my ACR.

rocman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My wife and I flew out to the House of Wood and picked up our new ACR last Wednesday. We first drove it to NE Texas to visit my dad, and just started our trip back yesterday, and I just got back to So Cal a couple hours ago. She now has 2400 miles on her, and a few dead bugs, but other than that, it was a great experience. I only clicked off a few pictures due to a storm rolling in. I will take more after she is all washed. :)

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 473
  • wing.jpg
    wing.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 390
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 417
OP
OP
R

rocman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
beautiful car Roc,

Thanks! She's a mess right now. I got hit with wind, rain, and a small sand storm. I also have about a thousand dead bugs on the front bumper. Looks like I am going to have some fun tomorrow.

viper spray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roc is a freakin animal , who else buys a new ACR and runs it in for 2400 miles all the way to So. Cal. ??

I would have whimped out and thrown it on my car hauler..............It was right off of the showroom floor.............

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
She now has 2400 miles on her, and a few dead bugs, but other than that, it was a great experience.

Now here is someone who is not afraid to drive their car. :2tu::2tu: Glad to see it isn't a garage queen. Don't forget to go get that oil changed pronto.

Reaction score
Yea he drove off on the Sport Cups and probably had an awesome time wearing them out! This black is so sweet but I would not want to keep cleaning it, but at least the carbon will be easy to wipe off. Glad you got back safe Roc and thanks again!

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Beautiful. I bet its a real head turner going down the road.

OP
OP
R

rocman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Everyone got out of the way. I was getting triple takes in the side mirrors. People speed up and pace the car while taking pics. I cruised back most of the way going 90 @ 1700 RPM. I managed 25 MPH. :D

I drove all the way back on the Cups, and they still look to be good, but I will double check this morning when I drive it to work. I got to go get the oil changed and then leave the office early to scrub this bad boy down. :)

The 08 drives so much better than the previous years. I am thrilled to have this car.

Thanks Bill P and Mark J! I know I had to rush out of there because of the storm, but it was great finally meeting you guys! :2tu:

als 08 viper acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone got out of the way. I was getting triple takes in the side mirrors. People speed up and pace the car while taking pics. I cruised back most of the way going 90 @ 1700 RPM. I managed 25 MPH. :D

I drove all the way back on the Cups, and they still look to be good, but I will double check this morning when I drive it to work. I got to go get the oil changed and then leave the office early to scrub this bad boy down. :)

The 08 drives so much better than the previous years. I am thrilled to have this car.

Thanks Bill P and Mark J! I know I had to rush out of there because of the storm, but it was great finally meeting you guys! :2tu:

That ACR looks awesome. You must have had a memorable trip. I can't wait to get my RED/Black ACR. I envy you taking a 2400 mile trip in your NEW ACR. Hope to see you in Irvine one of these Saturday's. If you can, I would appreciate an email when you decide to show it at Irvine.

Al

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Rocman,

We have a real cool dual event this weekend :drive:Dyno Day @ DC Performance the crz to Willow Springs for a track day On Sunday:omg:

Bring that Bad Boy out for some real fun

DC Perf @ 9AM
Willow Springs @ 7AM

OGO AKA Big Brake Dave:drive:

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey marc congrats enjoy her in good health,i will stop by to see the beast.you should go with me this saturday to have it dyno at dc performance,im taking my 08.let me know
adam

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What a great looking car.......you had to ben en envy of all those who saw you on the way back to SoCal......congrats.......be safe, and have fun!

cheryl mccally

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did the same thing with my new ACR. I picked it up in Blair, then drove 700 miles to Texas so it would be broken in for the race track Memorial Day Weekend. I just replaced my front Sport Cups at 3700 miles. They would still be good but the right front was totally gone on the edge from the race track. The rears still have an event or two left in them! Same with the brake pads, front ones were gone but the rears still good. But again my ACR spends most of his time on the track.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife and I flew out to the House of Wood and picked up our new ACR last Wednesday. We first drove it to NE Texas to visit my dad, and just started our trip back yesterday, and I just got back to So Cal a couple hours ago. She now has 2400 miles on her, and a few dead bugs, but other than that, it was a great experience. I only clicked off a few pictures due to a storm rolling in. I will take more after she is all washed. :)

I did the same thing with my new ACR. I picked it up in Blair, then drove 700 miles to Texas so it would be broken in for the race track Memorial Day Weekend. I just replaced my front Sport Cups at 3700 miles. They would still be good but the right front was totally gone on the edge from the race track. The rears still have an event or two left in them! Same with the brake pads, front ones were gone but the rears still good. But again my ACR spends most of his time on the track.

I really envy you guys (and gals:)) for actually driving/racing these cars... Quick story..Back in 1993 my dad and I went to Bowling Green, KY to pick up a "museum delivery" 1993 ZR-1 40th Anniv. edition. They only made 200 of these, if recall correctly.. The other 199 were either sold to dealers, or getting the "white glove treatment" while being loaded onto enclosed haulers. A good portion of them still have under 1000 miles, and have been "time capsuled".

Not his... We drove it 1100 miles back home. Then, the following year, went back out there for the annual vette gathering. Which included racing the car all weekend.

My point... 15 years later, the car is long gone. But I will remember doing that with my dad, for the rest of my life..... He put 16,000 miles on that car in slightly over one year.. Drove it in rain,snow, you name it... Did he lose a few bucks by not having a museum car, with mileage on it when he sold the car? yes, of course.. but those memories are priceless..

I need to take my own advice, and start using my car more:) way to go!!!!!!

OP
OP
R

rocman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I really envy you guys (and gals:)) for actually driving/racing these cars... Quick story..Back in 1993 my dad and I went to Bowling Green, KY to pick up a "museum delivery" 1993 ZR-1 40th Anniv. edition. They only made 200 of these, if recall correctly.. The other 199 were either sold to dealers, or getting the "white glove treatment" while being loaded onto enclosed haulers. A good portion of them still have under 1000 miles, and have been "time capsuled".

Not his... We drove it 1100 miles back home. Then, the following year, went back out there for the annual vette gathering. Which included racing the car all weekend.

My point... 15 years later, the car is long gone. But I will remember doing that with my dad, for the rest of my life..... He put 16,000 miles on that car in slightly over one year.. Drove it in rain,snow, you name it... Did he lose a few bucks by not having a museum car, with mileage on it when he sold the car? yes, of course.. but those memories are priceless..

I need to take my own advice, and start using my car more:) way to go!!!!!!

Exactly. Cars are meant to be driven. It would be a crime to not drive the ACR. It is one of the most capable cars ever built, and I am happy as heck to have one. My ACR will also be for track use, with the occasional office visit. :D

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Congrats.

I have a Black/Red ACR on order and I will only drive it about 100 miles from the dealer home.

Curious about what you think about creature comforts since some say it is an uncomfortable car on long trips??

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats.

I have a Black/Red ACR on order and I will only drive it about 100 miles from the dealer home.

Curious about what you think about creature comforts since some say it is an uncomfortable car on long trips??

Dude, creature comforts :eater: in a Viper, then alone an ACR. Is this your first Viper or what :lmao::lmao::lmao:

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dude, creature comforts :eater: in a Viper, then alone an ACR. Is this your first Viper or what :lmao::lmao::lmao:

I guess if I wanted smart ass replies I could have stayed on the Vette forums since I own a Z06, and yes it is my first Viper but what I was really getting at is "how uncomfortable is it" on a long trip.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess if I wanted smart ass replies I could have stayed on the Vette forums since I own a Z06, and yes it is my first Viper but what I was really getting at is "how uncomfortable is it" on a long trip.

No worries, I don't think he meant offense. He may have misunderstood your 100 mile get it home comment. As if you were a collector and you were going to store it after only 100 miles. I'm sure that's not what you you were trying to say.
As to how comfortable...I took delivery of my ACR 5 weeks ago and it delivers the most amazing ride of my 4 Vipers, and that is with a track setup by Woodhouse. if you're looking for comfortable this ACR suspension will outperform anything manufactured to date with this level of performance.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Don't worry he has a paxton on a generation 3 which means he probably has upgraded his tires,shifter, shifter knob, suspension,gears,differential ,exhaust, just to makes his viper "comfortable enough" to drive

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang