Just got back from the Porsche dealer. . .

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
. . . where I had my wheels balanced because the Dodge dealer wouldn't do it and none of the other tires shops in town could get it to their lifts and were afraid of how wide the rear tires are. :rolaugh:

So thank you Delta Porsche. :2tu:

Forgot my camera, but there was a new, all white GT3RS next to my car when I pulled in. :headbang:

Nick

Alley

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My local Dodge dealer can't do them either. Say there balancer can't do 335 wide. Yet they sell Vipers. lol

OP
OP
W

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah it's sad.

One thing I was thinking while waiting for the car was how nice the dealer was vs. the local dodge dealer. I was pretty happy that the dodge dealer wouldn't touch it. :D

Did they asked if you're ready for trade-in? :drive:
I would've been fine with a test drive. :drive:

Nick

OP
OP
W

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With or without the sales person? :smirk:

Nick, we are still out there that can handle wheels/tires. The search button works great or just ask. :cool:

:usa:

I needed something local and quick. I work with the Hummer and Subaru/Porsche/Audi dealer, so it wasn't just a random dealer stop. But usually, when it comes to Viper, I do stick with VCA vendors.

Nick

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is why when the shop i am at got a new changer and balancer years ago I handed the rep a rear viper tire and said if you cant change and balance it take it away. been doing viper tires ever since with no issues. And love the hunter 9700GSP balancer for road forcing.

OP
OP
W

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can search for local dealers equipped with the 9700GSP at Hunter GSP9700 Wheel Vibration Control System. This is the machine I've always used to mount my Viper tires. I think I had to push on the plastic cover slightly to keep it from rubbing the stock GEN I tires with stock rims but the aftermarkets and later rims clear fine.

That's great info. Thanks for sharing.

Nick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper