Just Got back From VOI-8 HOTEL. HINTS:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ive been to all 7 VOIs. Looking forward to #8 as well. Its my vacation, not a working trip. I just stayed there last weekend as a dry-run... a 36 hour trip to get 2 cars in position! (Thanks S.W. and GaryD, and KeithL)

Tried to vist CLARK but he had some bogus "Acapulco Sailboat Thru the Canal" story to avoid buying me a beer........
Here are some 'tidbits' as a Public Service Announcement!

The Gaylord is just 12 minutes from DFW airport. Too new for GPS plotting and GPS maps. This is a "mini" resort compared to the monstor at VOI-7 Nashville.
This one has a NICE garage, a kitty-corner, tolerable indoor air-conditioned walk to the rooms. The layout is ROOMS / CONVENTION CTR / GARAGE.
Garage spaces are above-average width, but will require "Careful Neighbors"

If you plan to drive up to the LOBBY to check in, I suspect NOT likley. The drive is 160-degrees and too short and narrow (4 lanes?)to accomodate a crush of Vipers. The hotel was 50% empty last weekend. Knowing this, Id go to the garage first, and THEN check in; come back and get the baggage.

The NAMES of the restaurants, bars, walks, are the SAME as Nashville. Deja Vu.
Just on a 1/3 scale. Im an ALASKAN at heart, and the heat was oppressive to me, in the high 80s and the humidity was breathable, like a steam vaporizer.

DRIVERS: BE SURE YOUR OLD RADIATOR HOSES ARE REPLACED IF 6-7+ YEARS OLD. We lost a few on our last Cruise in 80-degree TAME Oregon heat. At least carry a generic spare, 24" from NAPA. Flush and BURP old coolant.

My VCA owner-companion is a water-fancier, not a water snob. She says "the tap water tastes and smells like DIRT. Chlorinated DIRT." Even in the shower the water smelled 'funny'. The hotel had small DASANI bottles...for $3 EACH!
You need a LOT of water in this heat....buy some nearby. {maybe our Pac-NW water is just GREAT} Or just drink BEER!

GASOLINE: Premium is 93 octane! a TREAT. We live on 91 on the NW. There was only one station near the hotel, a large SHELL/Liquor/Sundry. Try to buy gas BEFORE you get to the hotel so you are not cruising for fuel to meet organized trip deadlines.

1 nearby gas station WILL run out of premium. Id stash 1 bottle of OCTANE BOOSTER in case you have to buy low-grade on a convoy trip. I did see other Chevron, Mobil, etc, but not right near the hotel. "Likely" stations could run low on Premium. Maybe I missed seeing them, we did NOT go "down" hiway 26.

Best local fast food: STEAK n SHAKE, 2 minutes away. Rare in TX. Midwest Chain

In any case: Most vendors to Viperdom will be CLOSED for VOI. 15,000 Owners are NOT going to VOI, and I suggest they order stuff NOW. It'll be difficult to buy Viper Stuff from 9/8 to 9/14.

I hope "they" have a moment of remembrance at VOI on Sept 11. We are all changed.

Lastly: Please dont nick the twin yellow '01-'02 RT/10s with Oregon plates parked in the garage. And the '02 is for SALE for $49995.

C.U. In 9 days.. JonB

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If your not going your going to miss a good time for sure. Hundreds of Vipers and owners. How could you not have Fun! ?????

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been to them before and have had fun. I would strongly suggest anyone that has never been to a VOI to GO. I can't make this one. Maybe next. By the way Jon described his pre-trip and location of the place, I'm just saying it does not sound like I'm going to miss much, as in where its going to be. Meanwhile I hope it turns out great and you all have a blast.

whitesnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks JonB for your engagement and all these useful informations ! Specially the Water ! How about the Grapevine Mills shopping center..how far away :confused: :smirk:

Regs
Klaus

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine