Just got into it with an R1

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As much as i would like to see you "win" but i didn;t....i don't know the whole truth but R1 pulled little bit away in first run and little bit more in second run and then he just backed off (misshifted,let it off, whatever) and that doesn't count as victory imho....

And still very close acceleration....if there was "more" tuned bike, you'd have no chance...:)

YZFAZ, I too am a supercharged Viper owner who has raced some bikes on the highway. I can tell you that the right rider on a stock 2003 GSXR 1000 will pull the [******] out of an 800 RWHP Supercharged Viper on Michelin Pilots from a 60 MPH hit. From 100 MPH it is closer, but the bike is still a bit faster. I am sure the Viper will be faster when I get the turbos. But then I am sure there will still be a modded bike that will be capable of handing me my ass!

In all these motorcycle races, it really all depends on the skill and ballz of the rider IMO.

OP
OP
G

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bring back on that R1 or another even better rider and in this cool air, I'd pull him easier.. The cool weather would benifit a supercharged Viper (or any other car for that matter) vs the bike two to three times the amount..

See that's the thing... You're average MC rider riding a 9 second bike (that only near pros or very experienced riders can do) is riding against a very high HP car. If that MC rider isn't perfect, he's gonna get squished. I haven't run into a perfect one yet.. :)

Gerald

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Paolo - you need to stop picking on riders that ride like a pro - find some average rider and you'll waste them with that beast of yours... the average rider is so sure they're going to beat you silly you will be 2 cars in front by the time they're in a crouch... :2tu: :D

OP
OP
G

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't Paolo run 140+ in the 1/4? Those bikes stock will be hitting high 130's or low 140's. and from a roll, the viper has even more advantage.. He should be able to take bike out.

Gerald

YZFaz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bring back on that R1 or another even better rider and in this cool air, I'd pull him easier.. The cool weather would benifit a supercharged Viper (or any other car for that matter) vs the bike two to three times the amount..

See that's the thing... You're average MC rider riding a 9 second bike (that only near pros or very experienced riders can do) is riding against a very high HP car. If that MC rider isn't perfect, he's gonna get squished. I haven't run into a perfect one yet.. :)

Gerald

What "would be if had been" is another story, here we can see this R1 with this "good driver" (lol) and this Viper. Here it was very close, maybe equally maybe bike had better acceleration.

You need good rider to do 9sec 1/4 but then again you need good driver to do with Viper 10sec 1/4...can you do that??

Anyway this is all speculation but either there are no real fast bikes in your place or you haven't met one of them, but as it is possible to mount s/c to car the same goes for bike :) Maybe (if you are lucky :) :) you'll meet one day 200+ hp R1 or busa.

Its all about "extra tuning" and hiding it from others.