Just got my dream car

ACR VYPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all, I finally got my dream car!!! A 2006 white with blue stripes VOI9 (#47 of 100). It had 22 miles and was still wrapped in plastic. We are at 300 miles now and climbing fast. I can't wait to hit 500 miles, change the oil and tach it out:drive:
Here are some pictures...
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great car!! Looks like it is the one at DC Motors. I'm sure it was a great drive back to NCA. Enjoy it with this great weather!

OP
OP
ACR VYPR

ACR VYPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks REDTANRT10, Yes It WAS the one at DC Motors. I also had it trailered (enclosed) back to Norcal. 500 miles on a new engine wouldn't be a good idea in my eyes. But hey, some people drive it HARD without ever worrying about the break-in period.

Last edited:

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beautiful Car for sure!:2tu:

I looked at one of them before I purchased mine. Just couldn't resist the deal on my black one.:D

VIPER 93

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I almost bought that car for 77,500.00, but went with an 08

CONGRATS

Last edited:

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice color choice! My favorite!:D I have #89/100.:2tu:
I'm over cautious and waited until 1000 mi. for my first oil change. I was told,by two very reputable people on this forum, not to go over 70 mph for the first 1000 mi. and for the first 200 mi. not to bring the rpm over 2500. Dont rev past 3000 rpm for 400 mi. Dont rev past 3500 rpm for 600 mi. Dont rev past 4000 rpm for 800 mi. Dont rev past 4500 rpm for 1000 mi. Then, change the oil and drive it like you stole it! :drive:
I was told that this is the best way to break in the 10 cylinder BEAST. Most will say I'm crazy for following this plan and think it is ridiculous,:omg: but I did it and I have no regrets. It is one of the best ways to ensure that the engine is broken in correctly and the best insurance against burning too much oil.:2tu: Happy driving. :drive:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of the beautiful cars to come out in '06, congratulations on your purchase!!! Yep, being careful with the rpms, speed, though we were told at first to alternate your speeds...but of course, not too fast, nor too slow, just up and down a bit. ENJOY, you've got a beauty there!!! ~~~juli

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
One of the beautiful cars to come out in '06, congratulations on your purchase!!! Yep, being careful with the rpms, speed, though we were told at first to alternate your speeds...but of course, not too fast, nor too slow, just up and down a bit. ENJOY, you've got a beauty there!!! ~~~juli
Hi Mike and Juli,
You can alternate your speed for the first 1000 mi. but don't go above 70 mph and NO wide open throttle. Do alternate your RPM's for the first 1000 mi. in 500 RPM increments for every 200 mi. starting at 2500 RPM. :2tu:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Mike and Juli,
You can alternate your speed for the first 1000 mi. but don't go above 70 mph and NO wide open throttle. Do alternate your RPM's for the first 1000 mi. in 500 RPM increments for every 200 mi. starting at 2500 RPM. :2tu:

Exactly as you say...ours is past the 'break-in' period...but we did as we were told (hard to hold back, BUT we did it!!!)...Glad you got such a beautiful Viper as well! :2tu: ~juli

Obsidian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you give me a sense for the price range you paid for that beauty. I am startin' to think it is time to add to the collection (the current collection is 1 Viper).

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats, I watched that car on ebay about three times and it didn't sell, wishing I was closer to Cali.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats. Nice to see another Cali Viper owner. Theres alot of us in the bay area. Have fun with it.

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congrats and enjoy in good health,i flew to phoeniz az and purchased my new 06 and drove it back to la,it was alot of fun but i did drive the car easy and performed first oil,filter change at 700 miles.

steponz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sweet... Probably my favorite color combo... Except yellow...of course...

Enjoy.. And get used to the car before you play....

Joe

V

Venomiss

Very Nice! Welcome to Vipers!
Here's the website for Northern California:
http://norcal.viperclub.org/

Maybe you can take your car on the Hearst Castle cruise in October? Southern California is hosting I believe but there is something on the website and regional California forums.

Alabaster Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To me, that car/color combination is the best that I have ever seen. It just speaks class and kicka$$ at the same time. It's funny but that color just flows when you look at it. The calipers add that extra touch. So, as I stated, that color combination is the absolute best!

mynewviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice car and hopefully one day I can upgrade. Can you tell me what type oil you are using after breakin period is up.

Rolstar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beautiful Car. I almost bought that one, but found another closer to home #43. I only have 600+ miles on mine so far. I just love it. Can't decide which one I like better my 02 RT/10 or this one. They both wear the same name, but totally different beasts. Putting a Corsa Track exhaust and lowering it this week. Will be adding the wing and splitter eventually.

I had some decals made for my car that are replicas of the 1998 GTSR version. Send me a PM if you are interested. Good Luck!!:usa:

IMG_0035.JPG

IMG_0036.JPG

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the VOI Vipers they had a special badge where you put the GT2 sticker. It has a VOI badge really cool looking. They were only put on the cars that where at VOI from Dodge.