Just recieved my new Motor Trend!! (Question)

CAS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That Venom is one beautiful car!! Good article layout too. I know that at the end of the article it says that the turbos wouldn't cooperate and the testing would be postponed till next month. Than, in the data column the est. time was 3.1 sec 0-60, far off of the 2.4 seconds that Mr. Hennessey posted. 2.4 seconds is probably the fastest street car in the world, except for the "Hisser". I wonder if Motor Trend is two months ahead of themselves, and tested the car last month for next month's issue, because the 0-60 second times from Hennessey were posted just last month. Absolutely NO flames intended for John or his products, just curious about the discrepancy. Also, I noticed that Norm Koener's RT/10 is in reverse for the smoky, headlights-on burnout. That made me wonder, is the gear ratio lower in reverse or first gear. Finally, I noticed that the Venom 800 TT had no rear spoiler, which surprised me because running that much power with that much speed potential, wouldn't you need the extra downforce? Just some observations, NO disrespect to John intended.

Clint

Reaction score
"I noticed that Norm Koener's RT/10 is in reverse for the smoky, headlights-on burnout"

-Could you explain what that means please?

Thanks,

Rollo

OP
OP
C

CAS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at the photo of the red Venom 700 RT/10 (pg. 34). The car is in reverse and is shooting the tire smoke forward. The headlights are on, and you can see the beams in the smoke. Anyway, Probekid, I love the sig: "my car cost less than your hood"
You must be registered for see images

BurnR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
must contain self.....must concentrate....must maintain control...must not laugh....must focus..<<<ggg>>>..besides per John what do I know I am just a girl....I thought that it was John that posted his 2.4 seconds was going to be substantiated "by a major publication very soon".....oh well I am ROTFLMAO....pretty just the same....Dodge does wonderful work

HouseofSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It didn't take long for the naysayers to rear their heads...BurnR8, the car will perform as John stated. Motor Trend will be publishing the actual performance numbers (and not the guesstimations) in the follow up to this issue. I have held my tongue on this subject long enough....the Venom 800 went from concept to track terror in the span of about 2 months and those responsible for the car are proud of its accomplishments. We are nowhere near the ceiling for this car in terms of performance, and as such...the numbers that appear next month are not the end of the road either.

It seems that you harbor ill will toward John, I don't know if you have history with John...and personally, I don't care. The car is the focus of the article, and it just so happens that the 800 TT is my pet project. As such, make light of its performance if you wish....but I would be glad to offer up an *** -beating of titanic proportions for any of your collection (assuming that you have more than one car...as you have alluded to in previous posts) courtesy of the TT.

As a side...Norm's car is not in reverse, the wind was blowing fairly strong that day and it made the smoke/shot somewhat awkward. Hope everyone enjoys the article.

BurnR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
actually if that car does 2.4 is will be the coolest thing in the world and I will be humbled and I will shut up...gladly actually....it just bugs me that the claims get made before the car is really done....I held my tongue for a while too until I got slammed by HMS himself after I posted the asking price in the Robb Report (and yes I was being a smart a$$)....the truly sad part is that IF it does those kind of numbers I would want that car in a BIG way....after my experiences....I would not buy one regradless of price...the sweetest Irony is that if HMS gets that thing to kick that much a$$ John will have the satisfaction of knowing I want it, can afford it, and will not buy it....simply put...2.4 in any magazine and I shut, congratulations and apology to you in that order and an empty space in my garage where it might have been. Kyle I do not know you and harbor no animosity toward you what so ever....If you have had positve dealings with John then you and I cancel each other out cuz I have not....and I am sincere in that if this is your project I wish you the best and if that car even at 3.6 would wax anything I own period....we all know that all day every day...

OP
OP
C

CAS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for your fast reply and straightforward answers!! You've made my day!!
BTW, is it really going to be the fastest street car in the world? I've tried and tried and cannot think of any with that kind of capability. I just want to say thank you for building that car, because it takes the idea of performance value and rachets it up about 1,000,000 notches!! Try to make a McLaren match that performance! I've tried for years to explain to people that the Viper is the best performance value in the world, and your products keep it there. Thank you again.

BurnR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
per my last post Kyle...no disrespect I wish you the best in your project....John...you dig yourself deeper every day....and BTW the irony is too great that when you get slammed on the forum your response is immediate...yet if you check your email, my last request of you for the parts you never sent me (THAT I PAID FOR) has yet to be returned....going on four months now...I could be twelve....maybe not...but oddly enough the other vendors on this site not only know who I am, but welcome my business and appreciate it....thanks for checking my profile...it lets me know you care about twelve year old boys with internet access

Halnasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Hennessey / HMS:
I just dont see posts such as yours coming from other highly successful business persons who have earned enough to afford 6-figure toys. [/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

John,
Are you blind, or really in that much denial?
And why is it you never challenge my post's?

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I definately know that viper will run those times 10.11 139 because my supercharged gts with stock exhaust system and 5 psi of boost has run 10.5 at 133 on a dot tire.

OP
OP
C

CAS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
10.5? Wow, throw some Mickey Thompsens on there, you'll be running nines!!

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey John,

What is this about a Venom 700???
I need to get my Venom to the Dyno....Maybe I can call it a 700R instead of a 650R! Hold off on the Dash Plaque and 650R Stickers!!!!! Hey congrats on the TT. I am happy for you. And again, thanks for all your help with my Venom. It was a pleasure doing business with you.

Regards,

Don Anzalone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just have to say....everytime I see a Post that has replies from either John from HMS or BurnR8 before I read it I first make myself some popcorn and read away...and laugh my **** off...
I think that it is really entertaining, better than most TV programs out there! Do you guys think that you can do it maybe 5 times a week? Maybe besides just pictures of your cars we could see a different picture on each post. In a way it would be like a comic book.. " As the Viper Speeds" ... We can give you guys your own forum.

Well if you guys cant do that than could you just give it a rest because it is getting a little old. John just go out a make the fastest dam car on the planet....BurnR8 go out and make so much money that you can buy the planet.

But please stop this pi$$ing match with each other because the whole viper community is getting sprayed!

Thanks

Don

BurnR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will quit....Don you are right....first I tried to stay out of it...weeks ago...now I am not only in it, I kind of am it....there is no purpose to this and I apologize to the rest of the board....I got PO'd and my personal feelings RE HMS have no place on the board....If John's car does 2.4 that is basically amazing and something to be proud of....besides...mom is mad cuz I have not been doing my homework (ok had to throw that in:LOL
"I will fight no more forever..."

OP
OP
C

CAS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone, just remember, the faster the Venom, the harder it is for Lingenfelter to catch up!!!
HAHAHA, bye bye TT C5!!!

TX WHOS YOUR DADDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HEY CHAMP,THE FINAL CHAPTER HASNT BEEN WRITTEN.THIS IS WHERE THE TURN UP THE BOOST WARS START!SAVE YOUR MONEY DONT LAY YOUR BET ON THE TABLE YET.BEST REGARDS!