Just wrapped my Console and Shifter bezel What do you think?

OP
OP
N

neo_rambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys for all the nice comments. I'm noticed a small bubble on my plastic behind my interior door handles. I saw a post where people were panting them. Guess what's getting wrapped next! The problem is I would have to remove the whole door panel so that I could take the handle out so I have access to the back. I might just do the back sub cover as well. I would totally do the back sub cover if I had a convertible. It would look sharp and would be much cheaper than the real carbon fiber. Besides if you stopped liking the carbon fiber look you peel it off, and these vinyls have a backed 8 year outdoor warranty which is insane!

OP
OP
N

neo_rambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice job! Had mine hydro-dipped..... Just couldn't stare/take the black plastic look...... carbon fiber looks great. I could never find a red/black carbon fiber pattern to match my viper red .....so went just standard black/gray CF.
I've seen red but red and black might be too busy especially with the weave pattern as well could be too distracting. I think you made a good decision by going black. Just the red is pretty bright as well.

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys for all the nice comments. I'm noticed a small bubble on my plastic behind my interior door handles. I saw a post where people were panting them. Guess what's getting wrapped next! The problem is I would have to remove the whole door panel so that I could take the handle out so I have access to the back. I might just do the back sub cover as well. I would totally do the back sub cover if I had a convertible. It would look sharp and would be much cheaper than the real carbon fiber. Besides if you stopped liking the carbon fiber look you peel it off, and these vinyls have a backed 8 year outdoor warranty which is insane!

Liked yours so much i just ordered enough to do console, shifter bezel, and both doors....I have a vert and I think you are correct in saying it will look sharp....well only if I have half the application skill that you do.

OP
OP
N

neo_rambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Liked yours so much i just ordered enough to do console, shifter bezel, and both doors....I have a vert and I think you are correct in saying it will look sharp....well only if I have half the application skill that you do.
I'm sure it will look great! I was taking off the door as well just a little while ago. I don't have time tonight but I will attempt it again soon. I forgot about that stupid clip that holds the door panel on I can't remember if I'm supposed to pull towards the inside of the car or push in towards the outside of the car from the bottom. I can see it, just can't make it budge. Stupid dodge made that door panel one piece, WHY I tell ya WHY!!!!Thinking about doing my rear speaker panel. the full piece.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Kevin. Knowing what you know now about wrapping the console, do you think this material could be wrapped around the gauge cluster too? The other parts you've done are more flat, except in the gauge area for example. If you think so, I think I'm sold on trying it since those pieces are coming out soon for a LED bulb swap.

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure it will look great! I was taking off the door as well just a little while ago. I don't have time tonight but I will attempt it again soon. I forgot about that stupid clip that holds the door panel on I can't remember if I'm supposed to pull towards the inside of the car or push in towards the outside of the car from the bottom. I can see it, just can't make it budge. Stupid dodge made that door panel one piece, WHY I tell ya WHY!!!!Thinking about doing my rear speaker panel. the full piece.

I cant recall the correct way to release the panel from this pin. I do remember reading about it in here though, so the answer is in one of these threads. As for the rear speaker panel, I think it will look great wrapped! Once I get through these projects, i think I might have a go at the speaker panel. If you get yours done first, post some pics, i would love to see it.

OP
OP
N

neo_rambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Kevin. Knowing what you know now about wrapping the console, do you think this material could be wrapped around the gauge cluster too? The other parts you've done are more flat, except in the gauge area for example. If you think so, I think I'm sold on trying it since those pieces are coming out soon for a LED bulb swap.
I think it's doable I can't remember how deep the gauge circles go. But they are larger in diameter so I think it's possible. Although with all those creases and turns you will need 3m primer on some of the edges to keep it down. The reason why I didn't do that large piece cause it would be too busy if you did that whole piece with the pieces that I have already done IMO.

OP
OP
N

neo_rambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it's doable I can't remember how deep the gauge circles go. But they are larger in diameter so I think it's possible. Although with all those creases and turns you will need 3m primer on some of the edges to keep it down. The reason why I didn't do that large piece cause it would be too busy if you did that whole piece with the pieces that I have already done IMO.
You must be registered for see images
AbsoulteHank I take that back after looking at it in detail you will have to do separate pieces to accomplish the whole dash. The difficult pieces will be the mph on the right cause the frame is angled and goes in deep. The other two triangles on top where the signals/check engine light is will be extremely difficult and might have to be avoided.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, thanks. I'll check it out a little closer once I have it all out doing the LED bulb swap. I'm going to do the console since the main problem areas I'll be able to avoid with my MGW pieces.

OP
OP
N

neo_rambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea I did this morning it was awesome No traffic chilly and mine just wanted me to keep pushing it

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where did you buy the 1080 vinyl...eBay? I'm assuming this is the black carbon right? What size did you have to buy cover the console?

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where did you buy the 1080 vinyl...eBay? I'm assuming this is the black carbon right? What size did you have to buy cover the console?

autovinylsolutions.com 3m 1080 carbon fiber black. There is a link in one of the early posts in this thread. Hope this helps

OP
OP
N

neo_rambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the 2'x5', you can mess up on 1 of the 2 panels and still have enough to redo. It's plenty of material.
I ended up doing each peice 3 times to get it right and practice. It's not easy and it requires a lot of patience. I agree with ZZ SRT, but I got 5'x8' so that I could wrap other things.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ended up doing each peice 3 times to get it right and practice. It's not easy and it requires a lot of patience. I agree with ZZ SRT, but I got 5'x8' so that I could wrap other things.

Well I've done a lot of vinyl in my life so I'm familiar with installing it. I also have MGW gauge surrounds and cup holder which will help hide those problem areas too

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I've done a lot of vinyl in my life so I'm familiar with installing it. I also have MGW gauge surrounds and cup holder which will help hide those problem areas too

Haha...I bought the MGW guage surrounds and cup holder as well. I havent wrapped anything before, so Im sure I will need them.

ZZ SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha...I bought the MGW guage surrounds and cup holder as well. I havent wrapped anything before, so Im sure I will need them.

The only difficult part is getting the vinyl to stretch into the gauge surrounds without ripping. If you have the MGW bezels, it'll be a cinch. I bought the 2'x5' and have half the material sitting in my garage now.

The ironic part is that I had to take everything apart again to do my LED gauge lights so I decided to paint the pieces gloss black to make it permanent. Guess that was a waste of $30, but at least I got to verify I liked the gloss black before making it permanent.

OP
OP
N

neo_rambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only difficult part is getting the vinyl to stretch into the gauge surrounds without ripping. If you have the MGW bezels, it'll be a cinch. I bought the 2'x5' and have half the material sitting in my garage now.

The ironic part is that I had to take everything apart again to do my LED gauge lights so I decided to paint the pieces gloss black to make it permanent. Guess that was a waste of $30, but at least I got to verify I liked the gloss black before making it permanent.
I can do the gauges it requires patience and heat. The cup holder is the only part that can't be done as one piece.

Guys post up your pictures after your done.

Last edited:

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can do the gauges it requires patience and heat. The cup holder is the only part that can't be done as one piece.

Guys post up your pictures after your done.

Im heading to Montana this weekend to pick up all the goodies I bought including the wrap. As soon as she is done I will post pics. Until then, back to youtube videos on how to apply wrap!

labtec

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Im heading to Montana this weekend to pick up all the goodies I bought including the wrap. As soon as she is done I will post pics. Until then, back to youtube videos on how to apply wrap!

Montana....that brings back memories. USAF SAC

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apparently someone does make it, not as OEM replacement but still, it is supposedly real CF and it is red, LOL.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-DODGE-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item27bf6a2a3a&vxp=mtr

It seems strange to me that nobody has thought of it. There is definitely a market for that. I know I saw last year they have a black/gray and a black/gold or tan combo. It looks good so why not black/red? I think its a matter of time before somebody makes it.

To neo_rambo, it looks like you really developed some skills doing it so many times... looks real good.
I don't think I'd have that kind of patients to be honest.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth