Kelsey Grammar car crash

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everytime I talk to my mother about my car, she tells me to drive safely "because Kelsey Grammar flipped his." Now, yeah, that's good advice, but wasn't he drunk when he had his accident? I don't drink and drive, so I try to convince her to not worry, but that doesn't work. What exactly happened with his crash? Didn't he get a DUI for it? Any pics of his car before/after?

Thanks.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From the best of my memory, yes he was DUI when he flipped his Viper that he had just got from NBC as a gift for Frasier being rated the #1 TV sitcom. I'm not sure if he got a ticket for the accident, but it seems like he checked into rehab (or maybe it was court ordered) shortly after the crash.

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
From the best of my memory, yes he was DUI when he flipped his Viper that he had just got from NBC as a gift for Frasier being rated the #1 TV sitcom. I'm not sure if he got a ticket for the accident, but it seems like he checked into rehab (or maybe it was court ordered) shortly after the crash.

"Ran off road and over-corrected..."

CHP Wants Drunk-Driving Charges Filed Against Actor;

Crime: Decision is expected this week whether to prosecute Kelsey Grammer, injured in a weekend accident.;

By: JOSE CARDENAS
TIMES STAFF WRITER

AGOURA HILLS
The California Highway Patrol recommended Tuesday that drunk-driving charges be filed against Kelsey Grammer, star of the TV series "Frasier," who was injured when his Dodge Viper flipped during the weekend--the latest of his troubles with the law dating back to 1988.

The city attorney's office is expected to decide later this week whether to prosecute.

The wreck occurred about 7:45 p.m. Saturday on Cornell Road just south of Mulholland Highway in the unincorporated Malibu Lake area, Officer Rhett Price said.

The multi-Emmy winner "apparently allowed the car to drift to the right shoulder of the roadway and over-corrected," Price said. Grammer then swerved across the roadway and hit a dirt embankment, which caused the car to overturn.

A CHP officer "observed the alcoholic-beverage effects and asked him to submit to a test to confirm that," Price said.

"Based upon the officer's observation at the scene," Price said, "the officer had enough reasonable cause to believe [Grammer] was under the influence of alcohol."

The actor was arrested, treated at a hospital for a minor head injury, and released on his own recognizance.

Grammer, 40, agreed to a blood-alcohol test, Price said, and the results are pending.

The red 1994 sports car had major damage, Price said.

A spokeswoman for the show "Frasier" offered the following statement: "Kelsey was in a minor accident in which no other passengers or cars were involved. He suffered minor abrasions and is recuperating at home this week."

Grammer plays the pompous Frasier Crane, a Harvard-trained psychiatrist turned Seattle radio talk show host. The show--a spinoff of "Cheers," in which Grammer co-starred--has been among the top-rated shows since its debut several years ago.

Grammer's legal troubles date back to April 1988 when LAPD officers stopped his car for expired license plate tags and booked him for drunk driving. Officers later testified that a small bag of ******* fell from Grammer's pocket while he sat in the patrol car.

Grammer was sentenced to 30 days in jail and 10 days working with Caltrans highway cleanup crews.

He was arrested again in August 1990 on another *******-possession allegation and sentenced to three years' probation, fined $500 and given 300 hours community service.

In January 1991 he was given an additional two years for violating his original probation by admitting to using ******* while on a trip, according to court records.

In February 1995, a New Jersey grand jury declined to indict Grammer on charges that he had sex with a 15-year-old girl two years before. There was no physical evidence in that case, according to the jury.

OP
OP
A

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a mother's job to worry. Just say "Ok" and go about your business. For crying out loud, how old are you?

I'm a few days shy of 29. I am just trying to get her to worry LESS, that's all. Not to mention, I am tired of hearing about Kelsey Grammar.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a mother's job to worry. Just say "Ok" and go about your business. For crying out loud, how old are you?

I'm a few days shy of 29. I am just trying to get her to worry LESS, that's all. Not to mention, I am tired of hearing about Kelsey Grammar.

Don't fight it. You have at least 10 more years of "Frasier warnings."

OP
OP
A

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Don't fight it. You have at least 10 more years of hearing about Frasier.

Well I moved out 11 years ago, I figured I would be off the hook by now. :D

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's amazing is that Kelsey Grammar walked away from the whole thing okay. Even though the warning on the door says that the sport bar isn't a rollbar, it's an open vehicle, the sportbar sure must have acted like a rollbar.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's amazing is that Kelsey Grammar walked away from the whole thing okay. Even though the warning on the door says that the sport bar isn't a rollbar, it's an open vehicle, the sportbar sure must have acted like a rollbar.

That and the fact he was [******] faced.

JPL

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Here's a post regarding the sports bar:

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB14&Number=520527&Forum=UBB14&Words=sports%20bar&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=520527&Search=true#Post520527

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anaconda,

Just explain to your mother that your car has 50 more hp from the factory than Kelsey's. Then go into extensive detail about the various mods you've done and what each does for the car. Especially the aluminum flywheel. Then go on to tell her that with your car being so much faster that you are sure you could have accelerated away from the trouble he got into. Tell her that, in fact, you've done it many times.

That should calm her right down. Good luck. :D :usa: :usa: :usa:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456