Keys locked in 01 GTS

callred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone please pm me the technique for unlocking the doors minus the key/fob.

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Do you have a spare key? If so, unlock the trunk (alarm will be going off), reach in and open the door using the emergency release handle. Then you can disable the alarm by using the FOB or the key hole in the back of your glove box.

Good luck, I sure hope you have a spare key!

OP
OP
C

callred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I have got it figured out but I appreciate it nevertheless

sbkim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$hit... didn't think about that!! Last time this happend, I was ecstatic how easy it was to get back in the car but never about thieves...

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have someone email the mod with this post's link and then direct him or her to delete it.

Jay K.

Reaction score
1> I think I removed all the vital stuff.

2> I find it funny as ALL HE(( that people post about how damaging that information could be...and then QUOTE IT!

3> This serves as good indicator of why the title under the username is so important. While MOST of you guys are good at heart...some aren't. I would hope that people would want to ensure actual ownership before providing any info privately.

4> I decided to leave this so when people search they can see that there IS HELP....and then look for it a little more on the "down low". :)

Uh.....5:21PM and dry out.....gotta go! Haven't driven it in a LONG time! :)

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
THANKS from all of us Tony. I agree that we are here to offer "good faith" help to our Viper Brothers and Sisters...but , in MY opinion, these answers/suggestions are best handled in a private communication with the individual concerned.

That said, I would note that MOST of the folks here do a great job in handling this type of info...but we must all stay on our toes. Of further note I would say many proposed fixes don't always work...especially on a model-year-to-model-year basis.

THANKS, again, Tony !!! We can all sleep better.

Have a great drive !!

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:( No drive tonight. Wife is enroute from Annapolis, got a few honey-these-better-be-done's to do. There is always tomorrow.... :)

OMG, are you sure you thought this one through? Since 'there is always tomorrow' I assume being 'da man' you opted to drive and put honey do's on hold. :bonker:

For all the manly men on this site, please tell us that's what you did!

(but then again, there is this one guy that listens to 'it's rainin' men'. :crazy:

4B Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My battery died so I brought my other car over to give it a jump. Like a numbskull, I left the key and the ignition and closed the door behind me out of habit when I changed cars.

So I have my only keys for the Viper in the ignition (I guess it's time to finally buy a spare key) with the doors locked,

HELP! ANYONE? Any help would be appreciated. I'll be calling a locksmith in the morning, but if I can get any help before then, it would be appreciated.

4B Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the ***, but the suggested method didn't work for me for some odd reason. If there are any other suggestoins, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

CO GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OK, now I am curious what the 3 steps are to get in winthout a key. Could someone PM me with the steps?
Thanks,
Dave

Daddy Long Stroke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im interested in finding out too. Please PM me.

Im more interested so that I can figure out a way to STOP it from happening! :eek:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang