Keys locked in trunk, help

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I keep thinking I should put a hide-a-key under the car.
Good luck.

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

:eek: Don't have an srt, but would like to know the answer, especially if the solution is similar for a gts.

OP
OP
F
Reaction score
The owners son brought the spare key.

Thanks for the good suggestions.

The Driving School suggestions are good for most drivers. Thanks for that suggestion.

K

Kaya

If it was an SRT coupe you could probably maneuver a wire coat hanger through the opening between the cabin and the trunk to hook the keys. There isn't enough roon to crawl through....I actuall had an extra key made without the clicker as an extra spare. There is no trunk release button in the coupe. Just clicker or key. I know they fixed the problem...this is just fyi.

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
.............happened to me as well and I am probably certain it will happen again. I keep a spare key some where with me at all times.

Just don't keep the spare key in the trunk !! :bonker: :buttkick: :nono: :nono:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I'm not the only one who has locked their keys in the trunk. I was in FL and pulled off onto a deserted exit to put my softtop on b/c the clouds were getting pretty dark. And yep, locked the keys in the trunk :curse: . For some unknown reason, I had taken the spare key with me. BUT, it was at the hotel, which was an hour away from where I was :buttkick: So after I finally got in touch with someone else who had gone down with us (who was at the Daytona Speedway playing Texas Hold 'em), he finally quit playing, went by the hotel and brought me and friend the spare key. Total, we lost about 2 hours and I had to buy the poker player dinner that night. A cop stopped to see if we were ok and when I asked him if he had anyway to get in the trunk, he was like "thats a really expensize car, I'm not touching it". He gave me the # to a locksmith, but it was gonna be 2 hours before they could get there, so I just waited on the spare.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang