Reaction score
TEAM MOPAR CONTACT:
Misha Geisert
J.R. Thompson Company
(317) 432-4110
[email protected]

MOPAR'S HUBINETTE TO PARTICIPATE IN LAGUNA SECA INVITATIONAL
Veteran Drifter Eyes $10,000-to-Win International Drifting Shoot-Out

Center Line, Mich. - Coming off a triumphant win in the inaugural Formula D event at Road Atlanta, Mopar's Samuel Hubinette and the Dodge Viper Competition Coupe will move to the left coast and Laguna Seca Raceway this weekend, April 30-May 2. Hubinette, one of six drivers invited to participate, will compete in the $10,000 winner-take-all International Drifting Shoot-Out to be held during the Road & Track U.S. Sports Car Invitational.

Hubinette, who is considered one of the best drift drivers in the world, entertained fans, media and judges with a display of agility and speed throughout the Drift Atlanta event. The veteran drifter is hoping that he can enthrall the Laguna Seca crowd as well, bringing a new level of awareness to the Formula D Championship.

"We want to go to Laguna Seca and put on a great show for the fans," Hubinette said. "Drifting is all about entertaining the audience. If we can show the audience what drifting is all about, we can get more people interested in our new sport. We have to entertain the fans and make sure they leave thinking they'd like to come back to another event."

Entertaining the fans won't be a problem for Hubinette and the Dodge Viper Competition Coupe, a 520+ horsepower machine with swift maneuverability that simply commands attention. Hubinette notes that he learned a great deal from the first event, as Road Atlanta marked his first experience in the Viper.

"The Dodge Viper Competition Coupe is just a great machine," Hubinette said. "I am really comfortable with the car after Atlanta. It is extremely agile and responsive, and I feel I can put on an entertaining display of car control and showmanship during the Laguna Seca event."

Fans will have no trouble picking the Dodge Viper Competition Coupe out of a crowd during the drifting participant parade. Hubinette and company will wind their way from the Laguna Seca course to Club Octane, in downtown Monterey, for a meet and greet party with the fans on Friday, April 30.

"I'm hoping they'll let us have some fun and pull some tricks," Hubinette said, always looking for an opportunity to promote the sport. "It would be great for the fans!"

For more information about Mopar, Hubinette or the Dodge Viper Competition Coupe, log on to www.moparspeed.com or www.vipercompetitioncoupe.com.

Mopar is based in Center Line, Mich., and is the exclusive original equipment supplier of parts and accessories for Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep® vehicles.