Lambo Gallardo in NYC [PIC's]

Fiorano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Lambo Gallardo in NYC [PIC\'s]

Interesting...take a look at the clear engine cover. Looks better this way.
You must be registered for see images

The Geneva car had its engine hidden.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

Thanks for the pics, however, I like your SV better. The new Lambos are too linear and angular in my opinion like the SRT. They just don't look mean enough IMO.

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks for bringing these latest pics to our attention. I fallowed the link, and enjoyed the heck out of seeing pics that were taken of the real deal. How exciting. I love the looks of this newest of the exotics to hit the streets. I actually like it even more then the Murcielago, though I've yet to see either in person. I just think the Gallardo is more real and touchable looking than the Murcielago. The Gallardo looks like it should be driven. The Murcielago looks like it should be in a museum, not to be touched. Heh.

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Last I read: Expect it to be priced close to $150,000. It is priced to compete with the Ferrari 360 Modena.

Edward 96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Looks like they added a viewing window over the engine.
Factory photo only shows louvers.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

The rear end looks like a MR2. But the rest looks nice. A little to angular for me

Vypr GT2

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Does anyone know any more about the glass over the engine compartment? Will US spec cars come this way from the factory? Is the car in the photos illustrating a European spec car or maybe just modified by its owner?

Baron

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Does anyone know any more about the glass over the engine compartment? Will US spec cars come this way from the factory? Is the car in the photos illustrating a European spec car or maybe just modified by its owner?

The solid engine cover with louvers will come by default, but if you want the clear window, it will be an option available from the factory for more $$.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I wonder how it would look if someone cut out a section of the hood on our Viper and installed clear glass over the V10? Hmmmm....

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score

A clear polycarbonate hood over Vipermed's chrome suppercharged engine bay would look pretty darn good actually :)

as for the baby Lambo - I'm picking it'll be better in life than in pics. But its no Murcielago.... the king still lives ;) IMHO

I see Daffy's point about a Murcielago looking like an art piece - but I'm pretty sure if you threw me the keys I'd be willing to overlook that!! :D :D

... still rather have a Viper for a regular driving sports car however

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Could be wrong Gary but I'd think that door wasn't shut properly that's all - look at pic below it - fit is pretty good there. Fit has always been very good on the Lambo's I've seen. Italian exotics may have had their share of breakdowns over the years - but the Italians take a real pride in their worksmanship, and it shows when their cars are "showed".

MR VENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Let's see, the new (proposed) Ford GT @ $140k or the Lambo @ $150k....Sorry Ford, guess Cinta & Lavell misled you!

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah I saw these car in the truck in NYC on the sunday that the AutoShow was ending. It was pretty nice looking but I was shocked :eek: that it was not in an enclosed truck when I saw it. It was on a regular flat bed going down the street. Pretty weird ay? :confused: