Lamborghini Building Track-Oriented Murciélago & Testing it at the RING!

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love my Lambo! That new Murci will be sick! You have to hand it to Dodge to take the Viper and set the record!!!

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love my Lambo! That new Murci will be sick! You have to hand it to Dodge to take the Viper and set the record!!!

I've road raced the new ACR a few times and it is an awesome track car. Better then any other street car I ever ran, it deserves the "ring" crown. That being said, I've been following the LP670SV coupe and it looks awesome. The car was lighten and the aero was radically improved and with 4wd you'll be able to get on the gas earlier. I think it would be a great contest, I'd volunteer to drive one on the track :D

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
competition is good! oh wait... according to some Vipers are no competition for these uppity cars :rolleyes:

May the best car (and driver) win! :drive::drive::drive:

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper may have the record at the Ring but if I could afford a new Lambo it would replace my new Viper and Im sure I speak for many. Just thinking outside the box and not being "bull" headed or turning a blind eye to real art.

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the Viper and Lambo were priced in the same range It would be a tough choice. But as it stands you can't beat a Viper

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Lambo is far more expensive than the Viper for many reasons and depreciates a lot less too. And if you think the Viper is "less seen or unique" like everyone compares to the Vette, how many Lambos do you see a week or month?

OP
OP
T

triplexotica

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Before I sold my Countach I had my 93 Gen 1 next to my 25th CT and looked at both every day for about a better part of two years.

Believe it or not I actually liked the boldness of my Gen 1 more than the CT.

lol to me neither was a rare car. Groing up in SO FL Countaches were all over the place the only person that had a Viper was Kolkana of Palm Beach exterminating pest control fame. He let his teenaged son hot rod his snake back in 93-94.

That was my very first taste of Venom. After seeing his car getting an alarm at Audio Advisors I said to myself I have to have one and drove to Arigo down the street and put my name on the list.

The CT said I'm fast from day one, the Viper on the other hand said "come on try me".

Both had "about" the same HP but the Viper was much faster off the line.

Now you can see after all these years 9 Vipers later I'm still brand loyal.

The only reason I'm considering another Lambo is because I feel Chrysler's betrayal to me as a loyal customer,Chrysler's betrayal towards Chuck Tator the oldest most loyal dealer on the PLANET!, and finally to the Viper community in general.

I had an 09’ ACR that was supposedly on the line when CAAP got shut down for what the third time this year?

I much rather take this year’s play money 100k or so and spend it on another decent CT than have to wait “to see when and if Chrysler will get their heads out of the sand”.

The raffle cars have also played a major factor in my decision to buy another Lambo.

Also, for the record I'm not impressed by the Marci heck I didn't like the Diablo much either.

You can buy four kick assed ACR's in assorted colors or three comp coupes for the price of one Marci with the Viper kicking the lambo's ass every time.

For the record I'm buying a CT as a daily driver grocery getter.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

triplexotica

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If the Viper and Lambo were priced in the same range It would be a tough choice. But as it stands you can't beat a Viper

Hey Jeff why did you change your user name almost didn't recognize you! lol

Hopefully that *** straight thread didn’t have anything to do with it.

OP
OP
T

triplexotica

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm so glad I'm a VCA member!

Those Lambo guys are something else.

We're nice to the wanna-be Viper owners, but oh God forbid you're looking for a Lambo those guys are brutal.

Unless you have the top Marci or Reventon or some soup'd up *** assed Gaylardo they look at you like you're from Mars.

And God forbid you go on their board and trash talk one of their members that's trying to sell a "story car".

I went there tonight and bi*tch slapped a couple of them real good, they're just basically sitting there with their mouth wide open, like oh NO you didn't just post that.

Bring it on baby! Jus' bring it on!

lol

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Lambo is far more expensive than the Viper for many reasons and depreciates a lot less too. And if you think the Viper is "less seen or unique" like everyone compares to the Vette, how many Lambos do you see a week or month?

around here in northern california... 2-3 a month... more than vipers

Saw a NICE murci yesterday...yellow, sounded awesome, but wouldn't take it over my viper. Well... I'd take it if it were free and sell it to buy4 vipers.

For the ones that would rather take a lambo, thats great. God bless America for freedom of choice. But I'd dare say more people than you'd think would still rather have a Viper. If it were up to me... I'd have both! :2tu:

Last edited:

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since Audi purchased Lamborghini their cars have really improved. Audi has a great racing tradition. I love their Formula 1 cars. When Chrysler owned Lamborghini they didn't do much for the car. I hope Fiat keeps the Viper around and does even half has much for the car as Audi has done for Lamborghini.

silversrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have a supercharged 06 SRT Viper and an 08 Lambo Gallardo Superleggera. They are completely different cars depending on your mood for the day. The Viper is brute force, loud, obnoxious, much faster, yet rough and unrefined. Still gets looks but might as well be a rolling **** next to the Lambo. The Super G is fast enough, has a wicked sound, has been very reliable. The Lambo is simply the more rare and exotic vehicle and will have people literally stopping in their tracks and pointing. Sometimes the attention is actually unnerving. You'll find people in the other lane drifting towards your car because they are watching it and not paying attention to the road.

Both cars are a blast. The Lambo is just another league.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have a supercharged 06 SRT Viper and an 08 Lambo Gallardo Superleggera. They are completely different cars depending on your mood for the day. The Viper is brute force, loud, obnoxious, much faster, yet rough and unrefined. Still gets looks but might as well be a rolling **** next to the Lambo. The Super G is fast enough, has a wicked sound, has been very reliable. The Lambo is simply the more rare and exotic vehicle and will have people literally stopping in their tracks and pointing. Sometimes the attention is actually unnerving. You'll find people in the other lane drifting towards your car because they are watching it and not paying attention to the road.

That's your opinion. It's in another league in terms of cost, but not in performance and as far as people on the street, I find different geographic locations have people drooling over different cars. I get the same response in the viper as you do in the lambo most towns. Ferarris and lambos get ignored around here except by thecar fanatics.

Let's keep facts seperate from opinion and personal experience.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess the funnier thing is that all these car companies spend all this money camping out at the RIng... and the ACR saunters in for half a day and blew them all away. Yeah... in a different league alright.

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

We're nice to the wanna-be Viper owners, but oh God forbid you're looking for a Lambo those guys are brutal.

Unless you have the top Marci or Reventon or some soup'd up *** assed Gaylardo they look at you like you're from Mars.

And God forbid you go on their board and trash talk one of their members that's trying to sell a "story car".

I went there tonight and bi*tch slapped a couple of them real good, they're just basically sitting there with their mouth wide open, like oh NO you didn't just post that.

lol

With comments like these you’re making us Viper guys look bad. :dunno::crazy2: The truth is if you have the money you can buy any kind of car you want. In doing so it does not make you good/bad or anything special. You can be an a$$ hole no matter what kind of car you drive. Generalizing about people who own a particular type of car is ridiculous. There are a lot of great cars out there. They all have their good and bad points. I have a viper, lambo and a number of other cars. I enjoy them all and I don't feel I'm special because I have them. If I had more money, garage space and a wife who didn't complain every time I buy another car I would have even more sports cars. If I did I would still be the person I am now. Just a guy who loves sports cars.

Last edited:

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those who say vipers ain't as rare as a lambo, u must live in a cold state as I've seen more lambos then vipers and I Live in Washington DC. Down Florida lambos are a dime a dozen but u rarely see vipers there.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Jeff why did you change your user name almost didn't recognize you! lol

Hopefully that *** straight thread didn’t have anything to do with it.

lol

LMAO at the irony or intentional wording:lmao:

That Lambo is gonna give the ACR problems imho. If Lambo is testing it at the Ring I wont be surprised if it beats the ACR's time as it will be a Lambo "factory" effort unlike the ACR's attempt. Too bad we wont be seeing a Chrysler Factory effort to get a true time for the ACR anytime soon.

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those who say vipers ain't as rare as a lambo, u must live in a cold state as I've seen more lambos then vipers and I Live in Washington DC. Down Florida lambos are a dime a dozen but u rarely see vipers there.

A lot of people make comments without nothing to back them. I live in southwest Florida and there are a lot more Vipers around then Lambos. That being said it doesn't make one car any better then the other. My Lambo does get a lot more attention then my Viper. Who really cares? I didn't buy either car to get attention. What ever you're driving just enjoy the ride.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With comments like these you’re making us Viper guys look bad. :dunno::crazy2: The truth is if you have the money you can buy any kind of car you want. In doing so it does not make you good/bad or anything special. You can be an a$$ hole no matter what kind of car you drive. Generalizing about people who own a particular type of car is ridiculous. There are a lot of great cars out there. They all have their good and bad points. I have a viper, lambo and a number of other cars. I enjoy them all and I don't feel I'm special because I have them. If I had more money, garage space and a wife who didn't complain every time I buy another car I would have even more sports cars. If I didn I would still be the person I am now. Just a guy who loves sports cars.

Yeah. Trolling in general is bad. Doesn't matter what car you drive. You should respect other people's homes. No better than a vette or mustang troll here.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont know about the depreciation factor as a friend of mine (also a NJ VCA member) lost over 100 grand on a Diablo SV he bought new and sold 4 years later.At this point in time you can get into a 4-5 year old Mint Muri for around 175 and that car had to sell for around 300 k

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont know about the depreciation factor as a friend of mine (also a NJ VCA member) lost over 100 grand on a Diablo SV he bought new and sold 4 years later.At this point in time you can get into a 4-5 year old Mint Muri for around 175 and that car had to sell for around 300 k
Not to mention the fact that in alot of those cars your dealing with very very weak -quick wearing clutches (10grand for a clutch that went in under 5000 miles-Diablo )5grand for mandatory servicing (or they void the warranty ) and 500 dollar oil changes.Every buddy of mine that bought NEW that has owned one WISHES they had gone to one of those exotic car rental places and just rented the damn things for what it cost them in in the end between monet outlay,sales tax ,depreciation service cost and non warrantied items like clutches ect.

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score

+1 here in SoCal--many more Lambos than Vipers on the road.

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Everything is relative. I purchased my 2002 ACR with 4,000 miles in mint condition from the original owner for less then hafe of it's original sticker price in 2007. The reality is if you buy a car new a sell it a few years latter you usually take a bath. If you spend a lot of money on mods you usually take even more of a bath. It would be nice if cars didn't depreciate so much.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everything is relative. I purchased my 2002 ACR with 4,000 miles in mint condition from the original owner for less then hafe of it's original sticker price in 2007. The reality is if you buy a car new a sell it a few years latter you usually take a bath. If you spend a lot of money on mods you usually take even more of a bath. It would be nice if cars didn't depreciate so much.
So true esp with the mods.Second owner -low mileage really the way too go on any of them no matter the make.

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just love cars period! I have a Ford a Dodge,Lambo,Mitsu,Lex,Porsh,ect......I am just a car guy!

OP
OP
T

triplexotica

Viper Owner
Reaction score

There goes yet another Enthusiast hijacking a thread.

Become a member or leave. You have both a Lambo and a Snake and not a member please! Spend the $150 and support the club or at least the crap you type.

I've never come down on an Enthusiast but these posts have to stop.

OP
OP
T

triplexotica

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I wasnt trolling I was actually looking to buy a good CT.

I also learned from one of the guys on the Lambo board via PM that one of the guys lost their Marci last month due to BK.

Gee I wonder why... Anyho it was an 08' Marci roadster with about 3800 miles mint and in FL.

The car sold brand new just north of $408k sold last month at a FL auction for $125k!

Is that a b*itch slap or what?! :rolaugh:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I own a highly modified GTS. supercharged, lightened, wheels, brakes, etc.

It has Tire pressure and temp monitor system. High tech Bluetooth stereo, last years best built in radar detector with Laser scramblers, audio and LED displays, HIDs, Nuvi nav, non-restrictive exhaust with high tech sound cancellation technology, improved areodynamics and cooling, laptop tunable while driving down the road. Upgraded 1000hp axle shafts, etc. etc.

What was that about lowtech?

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Given unlimited funding, I'd also own a modified Ford GT, a Venom 1100 as well as a sc'd SRT8 challenger.

I'd feel slightly tempted to test drive a DB9 and a Shelby GT500.

Nope, don't see any Ferraris or Murci's in that list. My buddy said that every 15,000mi. he needs a $18,000 tune up! He also said his slow Ferrari get lousy gas mileage. He couldd't explain why he likes his Ferrari so much, ... but less power, less mileage, wayyy more service required (unreliable if it needs shop time every 2 months)and humongous money trap. I'd be spending thousands to tow my Ferrari to Vancouver (1000mi.) and paying the Tow truck driver to stay there waiting for my car to get new cam drive belts and tuning etc??? Does the rest of the engine wear out too?

Ted

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte