Lamborghini Building Track-Oriented Murciélago & Testing it at the RING!

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Back to the original point of the thread... That would be great if they can make the murci as fast and reliable as the acr around the ring, maybe it won't depreciate as much... No offense I love em, and am considering a used one if we don't get any more vipers, but it is what it is, a high priced piece of art that most (I would) will spend more time looking at than driving (look at high mileage vipers, I have 2 over 30k miles, find one murci with that many miles, and many have 70k+ vipers...).

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't read the entire thread.

At first as supercar vs supercar I would think the race would be close. As for car class to car class I wouldn't think an AWD car would compete against a 2wd car - especially with similar HP.

Lets all face the truth. The ACR has b-slapped the Italians at the ring. They will mortgage their entire country for R&D money until they reclaim the title. We all know it will take them more than the 4 hrs that it took Dodge. Frankly it will be a shame if the Lambo does not take the title. Someone will have some explaining to do - where all that money went. The ring title is all about performance. No car is in the class of the Viper until they take the ring title from it. As for looks and creature comforts that is another "class" that has nothing to do with performance or the ring title.

The fact is the ring title will not remain the Viper's for long. The Italians are working 24/7 to regain their pride - the main ingredient in Italians, especially concerning motorsports.

The Viper ACR is the 2nd time the US has shown the Italians what we can do if we want to. The first was the GT-40. Like Ford, Dodge will dethrone the Italians and fade away as quick as they appeared. I guess we're more of a sprinter as a country than a front runner over a distance. We're a product of our politicians - every blue moon a mistake like the ACR & GT-40 slip thru the bureaucracy.

ViperGal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those who say vipers ain't as rare as a lambo, u must live in a cold state as I've seen more lambos then vipers and I Live in Washington DC. Down Florida lambos are a dime a dozen but u rarely see vipers there.

statistically how many Lambo's have been made vs. Vipers to date? How many sold in the US. Of course that doesn't account for garage queens but nonetheless can get you a basis for true 'rareness'....