Laser Jammer

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
^^^
How much is it? Does it install in a Viper easy?

How good of of laser is that?

cagleman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, there's no reading at all? Isn't that going to bring on a seriously interested PO?

My opinion is that it would bring more attention to you. Also, at least in Colorado, use of any jamming equipment (I forget the exact wording) that emits a signal, is illegal. So, if you get caught, you won't get a speeding ticket, but you get a summons for having this device and your car probably gets towed as evidence. Not totally sure, but I would think so.

Just be careful.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My opinion is that it would bring more attention to you. Also, at least in Colorado, use of any jamming equipment (I forget the exact wording) that emits a signal, is illegal. So, if you get caught, you won't get a speeding ticket, but you get a summons for having this device and your car probably gets towed as evidence. Not totally sure, but I would think so.

Just be careful.
My point exactly. In NYS it's also illegal to transmit a signal. If I drove my Viper thru a speed trap and was driving no more than the limit, but showed no speed indication on a radar/laser gun.....

I'd be in far worse shape than doing 20+ over the limit.

OP
OP

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay there are a few states that it is against the law. Most it is completely legal. As for the unit, I would suggest the Laser Interceptor system, overall it has worked the best so far. I am installing it on a 2006 Viper as I write this, I will posts pictures also. The Laser gun is a current one and I got it from a traffic cop to use for testing. This is only for laser, not radar. To jam radar is illegal everywhere. A four head system is 1000.00

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, there's no reading at all? Isn't that going to bring on a seriously interested PO?

I don't get that impression. My understanding (from reading on the internet, take it for what it is worth) is that unlike radar, laser needs to get a good target to spit back a reading, so getting no reading momentarily isn't as significant with laser, and in the meantime, your laser detector should go off and give you time to slow down, before you get too close and the laser overrides the jammer and presumably also the opportunity to turn off your jammer so that the follow-up check shows you at the now-slowed speed.

OP
OP

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't get that impression. My understanding (from reading on the internet, take it for what it is worth) is that unlike radar, laser needs to get a good target to spit back a reading, so getting no reading momentarily isn't as significant with laser, and in the meantime, your laser detector should go off and give you time to slow down, before you get too close and the laser overrides the jammer and presumably also the opportunity to turn off your jammer so that the follow-up check shows you at the now-slowed speed.

We have a winner, and the jammer warns you also.:2tu:

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting! My radar/laser ingorance is beginning to show. I was unaware that laser jamming IS legal in some states as opposed to radar jamming which is NOT legal anywhere. Now learning that there a legal differenciation between the 2, I may even be wrong in assuming that laser jamming is illegal in NYS.

cagleman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting! My radar/laser ingorance is beginning to show. I was unaware that laser jamming IS legal in some states as opposed to radar jamming which is NOT legal anywhere. Now learning that there a legal differenciation between the 2, I may even be wrong in assuming that laser jamming is illegal in NYS.

I just checked NY law (I am not a lawyer) and noticed:
§ 397-a. Radar detectors and laser detectors prohibited. 1. No radar
detector or laser detector shall be used in any motor vehicle with a
gross vehicle weight rating of more than eighteen thousand pounds or in
any commercial vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating of more than
ten thousand pounds. The presence in such vehicle of a radar detector
or laser detector connected to a power source and in an operable
condition is presumptive evidence of its use by any person operating
such vehicle. Such presumption shall be rebutted by any credible and
reliable evidence which tends to show that such radar detector or laser
detector was not in use.

I guess the law against cars having detectors must be somewhere else...it doesn't appear to say that here. Again I am no lawyer, just looking through your traffic codes.

Here is Colorado's law:
42-4-1415. Radar jamming devices prohibited - penalty.

Statute text

(1) (a) No person shall use, possess, or sell a radar jamming device.
(b) No person shall operate a motor vehicle with a radar jamming device in the motor vehicle.
(2) (a) For purposes of this section, "radar jamming device" means any active or passive device, instrument, mechanism, or equipment that is designed or intended to interfere with, disrupt, or scramble the radar or laser that is used by law enforcement agencies and peace officers to measure the speed of motor vehicles. "Radar jamming device" includes but is not limited to devices commonly referred to as "jammers" or "scramblers".
(b) For purposes of this section, "radar jamming device" shall not include equipment that is legal under FCC regulations, such as a citizens' band radio, ham radio, or any other similar electronic equipment.
(3) Radar jamming devices are subject to seizure by any peace officer and may be confiscated and destroyed by order of the court in which a violation of this section is charged.
(4) A violation of subsection (1) of this section is a class 2 misdemeanor traffic offense, punishable as provided in section 42-4-1701 (3) (a) (II) (A).
(5) The provisions of subsection (1) of this section shall not apply to peace officers acting in their official capacity.
Source: L. 2005: Entire section added, p. 340, § 1, effective July 1.

Last edited:
V

Venomiss

Need nice detailed pictures of the install -get to work!;)
It turned out really nice.

TBarrow

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have the K40 Laser diffuser on my BMW 760Li and it has worked for me real well "No Tickets" It has no override so it does draw more attention to you. I have the Passport SR7 w/ Laser Shifters on the SRT-10, The advantage of this system is once alerted you can adjust your speed and hit the mute button twice to override it so that the officer can pick up your speed. A radar jammer is a federal crime after 9-11, The laser shifers simply divert the signal in a different direction while the diffuser absorbs it so it does not return a reading.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CITY, talk to Rob (b/w) about this. he would know a lot more and give you first hand info

StealthDriver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello...I used to have a Blinder on my M3 then bought a ****** ZR3. I now have a black 2006 Audi A4 2.0TQ S-Line and I then heard about the laser interceptor and conducted some research because I was tired of spending alot of money on laser jammers. I came upon this test site where this testing group tested the laser interceptor and the laser star. Well I decided not to go with the laser interceptor, because its not the performer that I thought it was. I decided to go with the laser star laser jammer/parking sensor.While looking for info on the LI, I found this site so I thought you all would like to see some actual videos of these products in action.

<title>Laser Jammer Tests

OP
OP

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Again, Viper guys do you research, I have seen Blinder, Laser Interceptor, and a couple others that do work, some better than others, but this Laser Star I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF SO BE CAREFUL AND DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY.

StealthDriver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not here to start...trouble. I am a car guy like you all and just showing something I didnt think you all have seen. I had a Blinder and well it didnt work for me...meaning I got tickets with it. The laser star is supposed to be on or above the same level of the laser pro park and anti-laser which I also looked at but the price and proformance sold me. I will post pics up soon when I get back from business and I get it installed. Just remember when new products come out, but it does not mean it does not work.

I found this major site in the UK that sell the Laser Pro Park and the Laser Star/parking sensor.
Roadnet Automotive: Speed Camera Detection Systems

This is the company that made the laser star/parking sensor (marketed in the UK as a parking sensor since laser jammer are illegal).

Sat Nav and GPS Speed Camera Detector Systems - Snooper UK

I also have a buddy with a black viper that I talked with today and he is going to pick up a laser star and once it gets installed, I have a sheriff buddy that has 3 differnt lidar guns and we will test it and film it also.

Btw...85 of 200...what lidar gun did you pick up?

Last edited:

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Again, Viper guys do you research, I have seen Blinder, Laser Interceptor, and a couple others that do work, some better than others, but this Laser Star I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF SO BE CAREFUL AND DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY.

I have read differing info on Blinder in the past, and it sounded like the basic Blinder wasn't good, but other models were. It's been a while though.