Last 300 Side Exhaust

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 95 is stamped under the hood as "last 300 side exhaust". Does anyone know how to find out what # out of the 300 I have and if so does this really mean anything? Thanks.

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a last 300 car too. No one seems to care right now. I would bet it means something in 10 years or so.

4355Keith-Viper-c.jpg

Big E

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like first and last editions are always worth a little more. But only after the car survives about 35 years or so.......

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Unfortunatly only a select few cars were sequenced during build (92s,
GT2s, FEs, VOI9s) all the other vipers were built, sent to a
warehouse/staging area where they were mixed up, and then assigned
randomly issued VIN#s. The only real way to tell is if you get all
the build stickers from all the other Last 300s and use the time to
figure out which came offline first/last. And that's still a crap
shoot.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bonkers knows the auto business and how VINs are applied. Not!

In a general sense the VIN does indicate the build order for the production facility. They are created in order at the time of order proccessing called gate line. That is generally about 2 weeks prior to start of framing, to allow all parts to be ordered (JIT components). Beyond that things like options (at the time a/c, Canadian, BUX, color, etc.) could impact where within the build schedule it ends up. That is what causes the VINs to be mixed up.

VINs are assigned BEFORE the vehicle is built, not after, and certainly not after warehousing. Considering the VIN is located in several areas of a vehicle could you imagine a process where it is applied after assembly?

Now as to the Last 300 pin stamp. I was at the plant watching my 1995 get built when they were first starting the pin stamp. It was an idea the plant had due to an extra VIN stamp machine that was no longer needed. This was at Mack Ave Assy prior to the move to CAAP. So they adjusted it to say "Last 300 Side Exhaust" and applied it to the last 300 cars. Those were the cars that were built during the build-out phase, or the last 300 of the model year.

Now as to a secret (not deeply held though). When they were trying out the pin stamp they tried it out on one of the poles that stood along the assembly. line. When Vipers moved to CAAP that pole was moved also. Next time you are at CAAP see if you can find it! It still has the pin stamp clearly imprinted.

Here is a picture of the infamous pole (and a friend of mine pointing towardthe stamp location)
scan00011.jpg

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Toe box on the passenger side near the heater control valve

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a last 300 car too. No one seems to care right now. I would bet it means something in 10 years or so.

4355Keith-Viper-c.jpg

If it does, you just know some jokers will find a way to "modify" their cars to get more $ at Barrett Jackson 2025! I bet there will be 400 of these "last 300" running around by then :eek:

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From memory I thought they're stamped in two places? Your car is unique compared to the other '95's but who knows what it would be worth in the future? I'd rather buy one of the last 300's if I was looking at a '95 if both cars were equal. With the return of side pipes the good news is no one paid stupid $'s for them like they did with the last convertible vette's of '75

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
From memory I thought they're stamped in two places? Your car is unique compared to the other '95's but who knows what it would be worth in the future? I'd rather buy one of the last 300's if I was looking at a '95 if both cars were equal. With the return of side pipes the good news is no one paid stupid $'s for them like they did with the last convertible vette's of '75

Anyone know where the 2nd place is??

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Anyone know where the 2nd place is??

According to the Registry they are only stamped in one place.
"Last 300 cars made at New Mack pin stamped near passenger side window pillar on foot box 'Last 300 side exhaust'"

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang