Latest batch of 2008 Viper vids . . .

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FREAKING HELL that first vid is SICK! Now I need to find me a program to capture Youtube videos with.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When Chuck sees that first vid and the "disclaimer" posted he will start rummaging through those couch cushions for all the spare change he can find. Seems those SRT guys are listening to him in a big way. ;)

And seriously, in chatting with some of the other guys from Chrysler and SRT they said that they basically had the budget to focus on the cosmetics or the drivetrain. To do both would have required either too much money or not enough change on either one to have a noticeable impact. And in listening to the Viper owners (like Chuck), it seemed that the thing being talked about most was increasing the power. Indeed, in looking over these forums there isn't a lot of talk about body mods (although some good ones are available), but horsepower and suspension mods are regular features. So that's what they focused on. And it was money very well spent I can assure you!

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow.

thats all I can muster at this time.....simply.....wow.

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When Chuck sees that first vid and the "disclaimer" posted he will start rummaging through those couch cushions for all the spare change he can find. Seems those SRT guys are listening to him in a big way. ;)

And seriously, in chatting with some of the other guys from Chrysler and SRT they said that they basically had the budget to focus on the cosmetics or the drivetrain. To do both would have required either too much money or not enough change on either one to have a noticeable impact. And in listening to the Viper owners (like Chuck), it seemed that the thing being talked about most was increasing the power. Indeed, in looking over these forums there isn't a lot of talk about body mods (although some good ones are available), but horsepower and suspension mods are regular features. So that's what they focused on. And it was money very well spent I can assure you!

No need to explain. The sell out of certain colors speakes volumes. Now hurry with mine Dodge...
P.S. Great vids...

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great first video. I never would have though Green with Black stripes would look so damn awesome!!
Well, done Dodge, well Done!!!

OP
OP
R

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed in the first video that the car is at the TireTack's test track facility in North Bend. Anyone like Luke know whether this was a TireRack test or if someone was borrowing the track for some fun?

/Rich

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That first vid is pure adrenaline......I am lovin that green more and more...It looks much deeper in color as opposed to the other vids and pics Ive seen...Looks more faded on the others but in this vid its deeper more metalic looking....:headbang:

viperDoug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just watched that first video about 10 times. That video should be a commercial during the superbowl. They would need a call center for all of the inquiries of drunk football fans.

bigerc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FREAKING HELL that first vid is SICK! Now I need to find me a program to capture Youtube videos with.
You can usually pull them out of Internet Explorer's temporary content folder

tools->internet options->settings->view files (on the latest IE)

Now the trick is playing the file (it should be .flv)

but there are free flv players I like this one http://www.download.com/FLV-Player/3000-2139_4-10467081.html

Hope that helps

(oh an theres a way to do it with firefox but you have to know comand prompts and I dont know them off the top of my head)

[email protected]

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Thanks for the kind words on the video - we had a blast putting it together. We have a quicktime version of it up here if you're looking for a downloadable version:

http://www.motivemag.com/video/2007/ViperSRT10.mov

I'll get on our video guy and see if he can put a higher-res version up as well.

We filmed it at Tire Rack (borrowed their track and studio). We'll have our full-review and a complete photo gallery of the Snakeskin Green color in the studio as well. Snakeskin looks more green than the way it usually photographs, but it does have a little bit of a yellow pearl/metallic to it as well.

As for Motive, we just launched the site 3 weeks ago and it is a project by former MPH and Automobile staffers (plus a few others) to try and do an online magazine-style publication. We hope you like it and tell everyone you know about it.

Anyway, the new SRT10 is a badass machine and it really put smile on a everyone here in the office. :)

Cheers!

- Jamie

OP
OP
R

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Thanks for the kind words on the video - we had a blast putting it together. We have a quicktime version of it up here if you're looking for a downloadable version:

http://www.motivemag.com/video/2007/ViperSRT10.mov

I'll get on our video guy and see if he can put a higher-res version up as well.

We filmed it at Tire Rack (borrowed their track and studio). We'll have our full-review and a complete photo gallery of the Snakeskin Green color in the studio as well. Snakeskin looks more green than the way it usually photographs, but it does have a little bit of a yellow pearl/metallic to it as well.

As for Motive, we just launched the site 3 weeks ago and it is a project by former MPH and Automobile staffers (plus a few others) to try and do an online magazine-style publication. We hope you like it and tell everyone you know about it.

Anyway, the new SRT10 is a badass machine and it really put smile on a everyone here in the office. :)

Cheers!

- Jamie

Jamie --

Thanks for putting together the video; it looks great. Good luck with the website/online magazine, it also looks good.

Once you post the high-res version I wil definitely have to burn it to DVD and play it on the big screen.

/Rich

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, these videos and shoots are amazing...

I know this sounds like a whiner, but they bad thing is that green is getting so much screen time, and so many seem to like it, that its not gonna be rare. I seriously thought only like a dozen brave souls would order one, and by the time the were done being made, it was too late... Oh well, I'll still be happy.

I'm starting the "snakeskin green ***** club", maybe that will disuade anyone else from getting one.

Get a real viper color guys, red looks SOOO much better than green, or that blue, wow! Green is NOT the color for anyone, it's a FAD.

Thanks for the awesome vids.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, these videos and shoots are amazing...

I know this sounds like a whiner, but they bad thing is that green is getting so much screen time, and so many seem to like it, that its not gonna be rare. I seriously thought only like a dozen brave souls would order one, and by the time the were done being made, it was too late... Oh well, I'll still be happy.

I'm starting the "snakeskin green ***** club", maybe that will disuade anyone else from getting one.

Get a real viper color guys, red looks SOOO much better than green, or that blue, wow! Green is NOT the color for anyone, it's a FAD.

No need to worry , green with razor rims will be rare

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jamie --

Thanks for putting together the video; it looks great. Good luck with the website/online magazine, it also looks good.

Once you post the high-res version I wil definitely have to burn it to DVD and play it on the big screen.

/Rich

DITTO!!! Already looking forward to more and longer footage, keep up the incredible work! Nice to see that you registered here so soon after the video was posted.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960