Lethal Sean Roe Engine Pics....Finally done

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I finally got my car back and was able to participate in the Northern California Viper Club 10th Anniversary 2 day party this weekend. It runs so good. The first Tuner I gave it to , must have read the instructions backwards, or not at all. They made so many mistakes. I think most of us doing it ourselves would have read the instructions 3 times before we would ever screw it up. These guys had never done one, and must have figured they knew everything. Then I gave it to Ted May at Valaya Racing, and he had done 12 Sean Roe's already. He had to hunt down and fix all of the screw ups. Now he says it runs the best of the 12 he has done so far. The car has Belanger Headers and Hi-flow cats and Corsa 3". It also has the T&D's rollers, and a Vipair, and K & N's and smooth tubes, and a Ron Davies Aluminum Radiator, and of course the Polished Sean Roe Supercharger. It sounds so loud no when you get on it, yet so quiet still if you cruise stealthly down the freeway lurking for some action. ;-)

You must be registered for see images

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great Dennis! The guy that made those valve covers really did a good job. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
G

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:D :D

I see a lot of my fellow Valve Cover guys are posting. ;-)

For now, I am using a 5 lb. pulley. We only have 91 octane out here at $2.70 / gallon. Ted wants to re-dyno it in a few days, because we don't believe they could have gotten good numbers the way the car was running when I picked it up from the first tuners. They said 540 at the rear wheels, even though the Harmonic balancer and belt came off 10 minutes after I had it. It feels much stronger now after Ted's handy work.

djemcee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you don;t mind me asking. What did all that set you back? $$

Chris

RedSnakeGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff, how much did you pay for your setup? if you dont mind me asking of course :laugh:

djemcee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you don;t mind me asking. What did all that set you back? $$

Chris

I'm sure he does mind! If your sincerely interested call Ted May and get a Quote.

I did not ask your opinion if he minded? Why would you even be so bold to answer my question to him? I thought this was a forum for sharing...

Chris

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Looks Great Dennis!
We're so glad to see it all worked out, but were sooo disappointed to see the troubles you were having with the first installer.
Ted's a great guy and knows what he's doing.
There was no good reason the other guys should have put you through what you had to endure.
If you want to bump the boost up some, you can turn the pulley OD down to 2.85", which will bump you to 6 psi, but I wouldn't go any farther on a cast piston motor.

Regards,
Sean

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you want to bump the boost up some, you can turn the pulley OD down to 2.85", which will bump you to 6 psi, but I wouldn't go any farther on a cast piston motor

until I get the intercooler in production which should happen ????????. :D

OP
OP
G

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:rolleyes: You guys are cool for asking. I'm not one of these guys with three Vipers and two Ferraris, I owe 6 mill on my company I bought, and am putting two kids through college right now, so anything I can throw at the Viper is leftover crumbs ;-( The prices are all posted at each Vendors site. The polished Sean Roe is $7,500 the Vipair is around $150 the T & D's are around 1,000 the Radiator is around 600 ,the valve covers are free ;-) the install should only be about 1,800- 2,300 for the work I had done. Everyone is now hassling me, because I have not done anything to my brakes yet. So I guess that is next.

ChicagoGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been running about 6 months now and have yet to justify a $4000 brake upgrade or even $2000 for fronts. Unless you plan on tracking your car I would give it a little time before turning your wallet inside out. I had the same concerns when I did my car but you'll get used to the power just make sure you respect it, I downshift a little more then I used too but I enjoy playing with my stick, LOL. If it is really bothering you, maybe upgrading to steel brake lines would be a good place to start.