Lets pretend for a moment...

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That my buddy and his wife are splitting up and he is parting with his Murcielago. :eek: Not the best of times for them, but that is beside the point. I can get the car for a very good deal but time is short.

No way my better half would approve of adding another car to the garage.

What would a bone stock 06 Black Vert, 5 spoke with less than 300 miles go for? Obviously it is mint.

Doing some mental banking...

Dreamert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd do the 2000miles trip to take it out of your hands if you're in such a hurry and can't wait :laugh:

Always ready to help !

No seriously, I'm clueless on the price but that's what I call, some nice dilemma to have :)

Tusc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the deal on the Murci merits it, now sounds like a great time to take an unscheduled distribution from your IRA or other investments!

How much would the pawn shop give you for your wife's wedding ring? :eek:

Poor guy. I hope he was able to structure himself so she can't take everything and run. One of my friends had his wife leave him for another guy and she took the house and 3m (almost all of his savings) leaving him on the rocks in his 50s. Most of the time I figure no one is innocent in these things, and I subscribe to being fair to the Ex particularly if kids are involved.... but then you hear horror stories like that and feel totally comfortable about putting your money where she can never touch it (because prenups are useless).

For the car price, check the For Sale section here or try Autotrader.com. You ought to get a good price for such a low miles car. It's basically brand new. Is the warranty transferable? I'd knock 10% off dealer price if looking for a quick sale. Even then, not many people have a spare 76k kicking around. If I was in the market for a new Gen3 I'd probably be on the phone with you myself.

rblong

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No stripes I would say 62K, with 65K would be fair. Provided you can still pick up warranty.

I just bought a new off the floor from dealer for about 10% over these. You figure it will take a 10% hit just to have been titled once.

Just my 2cents

Bruce

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brand new 06 Verts can be had for 73K (no stripes)

I would figure maybe 68K tops.

Market is real soft (plus we are going into winter, not a strong time of year to sell a 'vert), you might consider finding a dealer (maybe not a local one) who will take your car in on trade (you might get 64K but you can do it quicker than selling it yourself) and who will act as a broker between you and the Murcie fellow. Plus, if your car is registered in a state that charges sales tax on a car and allows 'trade credit' for your tax bill (on the Murcie you will be registering), going through an agent like a car dealer is your best bet.

Just an idea.

-J

OP
OP
R

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
All good replies, save Chuck. HA! $64k for a 300 mile car seems a little low to me. But hey, who am I.

I think I will hold onto the snake and get rid of something else... If I get the Murci, I'll post pics. Hopefully I can make it GEN III related so it doesn't get deleted.

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All good replies, save Chuck. HA! $64k for a 300 mile car seems a little low to me. But hey, who am I.

I think I will hold onto the snake and get rid of something else... If I get the Murci, I'll post pics. Hopefully I can make it GEN III related so it doesn't get deleted.

I guess getting rid of the wife is out of the question :smirk: