Lexan windshield for GTS

OP
OP
R

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,
Are you willing to sell the GTS unit you have or are you waiting for production to begin again. My race car is grounded until I can find another windshield. Glass would work as well.
Thanks-JM

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not trying to be a smart-a$$ here, but one of the 2 98 World Challenge cars we run has lexan, the other glass. Clearly (no pun intended) the lexan is lighter but its "wavy" even when new. I don't like it....though its most noticeable when you first get in...after a couple of laps you hardly notice it. Anyhow I way prefer the glass, even with the weight penalty. The reason I mention it is if you're switching from glass to lexan, check out someone's car with lexan first.....you may dislike it as I do and keep the glass. If you're replacing a lexan windshield and know you like it, never mind.....

OP
OP
R

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not trying to be a smart-a$$ here, but one of the 2 98 World Challenge cars we run has lexan, the other glass. Clearly (no pun intended) the lexan is lighter but its "wavy" even when new. I don't like it....though its most noticeable when you first get in...after a couple of laps you hardly notice it. Anyhow I way prefer the glass, even with the weight penalty. The reason I mention it is if you're switching from glass to lexan, check out someone's car with lexan first.....you may dislike it as I do and keep the glass. If you're replacing a lexan windshield and know you like it, never mind.....

I just ran a GTS at Laguna Seca a few weeks back and didn't notice any flexing of the Lexan. Given both the glass and Lexan are equally hard to find on the West Coast at this point I figured I might as well save the 20 lbs and go with Lexan. At this point I'd take either as my car will not pass tech with the current windshield. :(

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Not all lexans are created equal, I use speed glass and for windscreens you want a good 3/16 thick, a properly made lexan windscreen should not be wavy

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,
Are you willing to sell the GTS unit you have or are you waiting for production to begin again. My race car is grounded until I can find another windshield. Glass would work as well.
Thanks-JM

I don't have any in stock but I will see if I can get a few make, usually I need to order 10 at a time. Do you have any friends that want one as well? give me a call, I can't find your number, but it has been a few years since we've talked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2004Fangs