Lexus SC300 sleeper

ZX1100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, who on here with a blue/white GTS ran into a beautiful white Lexus SC300 on I-355 in IL. Roughly around 8:30 p.m. on Wednesday? Don't feel bad if you were spanked :(

It's a big time sleeper. Just dynoed at 700rwhp :2tu: Here's some specs on the car.

1998 Supra Turbo 2JZ-GTE
Getrag 6 Speed Transmission
RPS 6-puck carbon clutch
Supra 6 speed rear end
Custom TT driveshaft
SP71GTQ Turbo kit
HKS Racing Type II BOV
850cc injectors
SP dual feed rail
Dual Walbro's
ADFX FMIC
AEM EMS
FJO wideband
Blitz Boost controller
HKS Super Dragger Soarer exhaust

OP
OP
Z

ZX1100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, sorry about your car. I read that thread about it being taken out by someone at the shop it was at and doing the damage.

The Lexus belongs to a good buddy that did all the work himself. You would never tell it has all that under the hood if you saw it. The car should run a mid 10 with the right tires.

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sw has one of those too and has clicked off a 10 something with his, if I remember correctly.

Very cool sleeper/daily driver.

Chad

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Supra engine, so it's potential is awesome. Saw one at the dragstrip last week absolutely CRUSH everything while spinning 1/2 way up the track. Ran low 6's (1/8 mile) on BFG's. His license plate? V8killr

If I had run across him, could have also said V10killr!

OP
OP
Z

ZX1100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure how much but I'll try to find out from my buddy. It's a gorgeous car that you would never guess would be so strong. Here's a picture of it.

You must be registered for see images

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wish I could run into these guys...

Wish I could run with those guys!

I take it this comes about by dropping a Supra engine into the Lexus? Is the swap difficult?

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The swap on a GS300 or SC300 is very easy as they came from the factory with 2JZGE's (non turbo version of the 2JZGTE) so all the motor mounts line up, etc.

PRVT JET, Supras like I own are just Toyotas, Vipers are just Dodges, Vettes are just Chevrolets, etc. All cool cars in my book as is this bada$$ Lexus.

96 RT/10 here's a nice auto for sale, you can do a tranny swap for ~$4K:

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=197193

Here's a 6speed:

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=191328

Sorry for the irrelevant post on this section of the forum I figured I would post the info I know about this thread.

Wish I could run into these guys...

Wish I could run with those guys!

I take it this comes about by dropping a Supra engine into the Lexus? Is the swap difficult?

96 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who cares? Who wants a car that nobody will notice? Most guys I know bought their Viper because it looks wild.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I care. If I come across a Mustang at a light and beat his butt without question, that's everyday fun. If I get my ass stomped by a Lexus.....my jaw drops in admiration of what an accomplishment that is!

I like the concept of a sleeper. A Viper ain't no sleeper.

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They both have their place. I like Vipers because they are wild (and of course FAST). And I like cars like that SC300 for their sleeper qualities. Nobody is saying it's a better car than a Viper (that's subjective anyway), just a cool and very impressive car.

BTW your car is IMPRESSIVE! 9's for any car is impressive, for a street car is just plain nuts!

Who cares? Who wants a car that nobody will notice? Most guys I know bought their Viper because it looks wild.

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know it wasn't paolo, because if it was the lexus would have been just that" only a lexus".

I'm sure I'll be able to take advantage of his lack of traction Isaac ;)
Now lets see what that PRVT JET can do!

Call me this weekend.

Chris

HAHAHA Someone Beat me to it! I was going to post it but see that Power regardless of origin Will always be respected!

Congrats!

Jay K.