LIFT SUGGESTIONS

01bee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am looking for a new lift for my garage, what would you suggest, the drive up ramp type, like the kwiklift, or a scissor type lift?

Thanks,

Eric

Bill B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Mohawk USL6000 scissor in my garage now. And find it very useful because it is portable but still gives a full 6'lift.That being said. I am going to sell it when the addition to the garage is done. The new section of the garage will have room for a two post lift.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All depends on what your needs are and how much you want to spend.

I have a KwikLift and it suits me fine. Allows me to get under the car, and work on my other vehicles too. It keeps it kind of elevated so it seems not to take as much "bumping into" as it did when on the floor.

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lift type decision depends on your budget, needs and location limitations. If you don't want storage, do want wheels free, do have width limitations and want something that is almost hidden, can be moved to a new location leaving nothing more the 4 1/4inch holes in your floor, and are willing to spend a bit more for a top quality product (versus a Chinese quality) then I would suggest a Nussbaum Jumbo NT scissor lift.

Only 4" tall when down, 6'7" when at full height, made in Germany by the largest European lift manufactureer. I have one and love it. The best tool I've ever purchased. PM me for more if you like.

OP
OP

01bee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperJoe,

Have you used the bridge with your kwiklift to get access to the wheels/brakes? If so how does it work, and are you happy the quality/functionality of the kwiklift?

Eric

RoadKing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just went throught the same dilemma. This link has some good information.

car lift

The garage door is raised and I painted the floor last night. I ended up ordering the Superior Lift, mainly for cost reasons. It is shipping this week and I'll hopefully install next week.

To be continued......

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperJoe,

Have you used the bridge with your kwiklift to get access to the wheels/brakes? If so how does it work, and are you happy the quality/functionality of the kwiklift?

Eric

Eric,
I have used the centerlift bridge to raise (and support on jackstands)the
Z-06 but have not done so with the Viper. I purchased the an additional lift bridge and the caster option. It is powdercoated yellow and I am very pleased with their quality and service.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang