Transmission Mount - 2001 Viper

Bigredv10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I'm looking for a transmission mount for my 2001 R/T 10. I've searched everywhere and can't find one. I don't the polyurethane mount but an OEM mount. Any suggestions or sites I can search?

StumpDDS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just installed a new mount and cross member last weekend on my 2000 GTS. Details are in the recent post talking about my IPSCO short throw shifter. I picked up the mount and cross member from Reid Performance. Don’t quote me but I’m pretty sure the mount and cross member is the same between GTS and RT/10 models.

StumpDDS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go polyurethane. Does not add any NVH to the car, simply makes the shifting more precise. I have a few in stock.

If you go poly, do not use the included spacer. I suggest drilling out the crossmember mount horizontally a few millimeters (so the mount can slide left) because some cars can have clearance issues getting into reverse. Otherwise IPSCO trans bracket is a great bolt-on option.

MarkL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does not add any NVH to the car
I picked up NVH on my ‘99 ACR with a poly trans mount. Is that just me? If so I need to get back under there and ensure everything is tight. I just figured that was normal with the poly trans mount.

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what don't you like about the polyurethane mounts, I changed all the motor mounts and trans mount to polyurethane and really makes a big difference, no engine rocking at all very stable and shifting is much more precise, I think it's the way to go.

MarkL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I picked up a set of poly motor mounts and a trans mounts. I wanted to have the motor mounts handy when I did a full exhaust in case the factory ones were shot. They looked good and everything lined up so I didn’t mess with them. Got all 3 from Jon B and the only downside he mentioned were the motor mounts could melt in race applications - which mine isn’t. I threw the trans mount on a few months back. It did help with the shift feel but I definitely picked up some vibration in the vehicle.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21