Lifts and Insurance

ViperCollector

Viper Owner
Reaction score
After installing a garage lift this year, I made my annual call to Allstate to change the insurance coverage on the Viper and Boxster for the winter (reducing down to just comprehensive). Explained that one will be stored on a lift, with the other underneath it.

No qualms from the agent, but she wanted to check on something 'just to be sure'. She called back a few hours later and explained that her hunch was correct. Now, I'm not sure if all other insurance companies look at it this way, but here is what she explained:

The car on the bottom will be covered by comprehensive in the event of a lift failure. However, the car on the top would have to have collision insurance on it as well, as it is the 'moving object'. :lmao: The lift itself is covered under the homeowners policy as personal property. Fortunately the additional cost on the Boxster is only $70 for six months, so on the top it goes!

Just food for thought for those of you storing on a lift!

Snakewatching

Viper Owner
Reaction score
After installing a garage lift this year, I made my annual call to Allstate to change the insurance coverage on the Viper and Boxster for the winter (reducing down to just comprehensive). Explained that one will be stored on a lift, with the other underneath it.

No qualms from the agent, but she wanted to check on something 'just to be sure'. She called back a few hours later and explained that her hunch was correct. Now, I'm not sure if all other insurance companies look at it this way, but here is what she explained:

The car on the bottom will be covered by comprehensive in the event of a lift failure. However, the car on the top would have to have collision insurance on it as well, as it is the 'moving object'. :lmao: The lift itself is covered under the homeowners policy as personal property. Fortunately the additional cost on the Boxster is only $70 for six months, so on the top it goes!

Just food for thought for those of you storing on a lift!
Notice - they removed "Your in Good Hands" with Allstate from their ad campaigns - for a reason.

I will never use them again

hemihead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Holy smokes, I would not have thought to check on this. I'm glad you said something, can you imagine being told this after your Viper smashed your Boxter and the Boxter gets fixed and you left to sell your Viper for parts! :omg:

On second thought, you might make out on this deal...:lmao:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine