Lighter Socket mount for GPS

Richard Koch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a TOM TOM XXL GPS and I have been trying to find a decent spot to attach it which wouldn't be in the way or block the view out of the windshield. I found a Lighter Socket Mount from a company called GPSLot in Arcadia California. It plugs in to the cigar lighter outlet and powers the GPS directly through its mini USB port. I don't have to use a special cord to run it. The nice thing is that I can pop it out quickly and secure it out of sight when I am parked, which is especially nice when you are drivng a roadster. It easily clears the parking brake lever and doesn't cause much of a problem with operating heater controls.

I have a Gen II, but I am pretty sure it will work on a Gen I. I didn't have any pictures to check the fit for a Gen II or IV.

The nice thing is that I only paid $12.95 with free shipping. I got it through one of those on-line auctions, but I am sure you can Google the title and find lots of places that sell them. I saw they offer this same type mount with attachments for different brands of GPS.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach