LIMEROCK SATURDAY..

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
okay Herte's the directions and where are we meeting guys for sat morning drive up...How long is the ride up..apx travel time..lets say from exit 6 tators to limerock..I know it takes me about 45-50 minutes to tators exit..

New York City to LRP
Henry Hudson Parkway to Saw Mill River Prkwy. Stay on Saw Mill until the I-684 exit. Merge onto I-684 which will turn into NY 22. Continue on NY 22 to Millerton, NY. Take right onto Route 44 and continue for approx. 2 miles. Turn right onto Route 112. Stay on Route 112 to Lime Rock (approx. 6 miles) Lime Rock Park entrance sign is on your right. Take that right onto White Hollow Rd. Follow about ¼ mile.

Lime Rock works closely with the Connecticut State Police to help you get into and out of the race track as efficiently as possible. Please observe their directions closely. Also, to avoid interruptions in the flow of traffic, if you are planning to park in the INFIELD, try to approach the track from the west on route 112 (Routes 41, 44, 22). If you plan to park in the OUTFIELD, use Route 112 going east (Route7).

adam

ps..DIMIRIOS is riding with me!

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adam, not to rain on your parade, but the Taconic is a much quicker ride as route 22 can make you nuts with local traffic. Steve can post an alternative route.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I take the Taconic to rte. 44 seems to shave about 15-20 min off my times.Not sure what number the exit is but there is a sign for rte. 44 on the exit sign.If you know Just be rte. 22 and feel more at ease then take it.Just leave time so you are there by 8 :)

OP
OP
B

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I take the Taconic to rte. 44 seems to shave about 15-20 min off my times.Not sure what number the exit is but there is a sign for rte. 44 on the exit sign.If you know Just be rte. 22 and feel more at ease then take it.Just leave time so you are there by 8 :)

So Steve..Where do I pick up the teconic from coming over the throgs neck bridge heading north? Does the Hutch run into it? how long is the ride up there..Inquiring minds want to know! :D

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are coming up the hutch, I would just stay on it into 684 and stay on 684 into 22. Why bother going from the hutch, west to the sprain into the taconic only to come back east again way up? At that time of the morning, there shouldn't be any significant traffic up on 22.

But, if you are stuck on the taconic, take the hutch north from the TNB, hutch to Cross County west, to Sprain Parkway north, which becomes Taconic Parkway north and keep going.

Andrew

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I forgot that you're coming from the Island Adam. It may wind up being the same time either way since you're crossing over further east than the city.

Route 22 is a nice drive without traffic. You should be OK early in the AM...but you can wind up behind farm vehicles at 6AM in southern CT. Of course you see where I'm going here, right?

Farm vehicles.....Lambo.... ;)

OP
OP
B

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I forgot that you're coming from the Island Adam. It may wind up being the same time either way since you're crossing over further east than the city.

Route 22 is a nice drive without traffic. You should be OK early in the AM...but you can wind up behind farm vehicles at 6AM in southern CT. Of course you see where I'm going here, right?

Farm vehicles.....Lambo.... ;)

Well then Scott I'll feel right at home..MOO MOO MOVE OVER *****!

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve:

Thanks for all the hard work, and Tom, to bad, I was looking forward to driving with you, maybe in back, but would have been fun.

Steve, you are fast. I think a few more sessions on that track and I'd get better. Best time was 109. I had a hard time trusting that nobody was waiting for me on the other side of the climbing hill, or on the other side of the down hill after the bridge.

Wonder if we will be back there?

I think overall, I still like Watkins better only because you can see farther ahead.

Andrew

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Andrew it was great meeting you. I think the next time you come back to Lime Rock you will love it.Those 2 turns I feel are some of the greatest turns in motor racing .(however you must trust the flaggers)I thought you looked great on the track.I guarantee next time you are there your times will come down, you will be familiar with the track.Thanks for helping me out in that last instructional session .Hope to see you at the next event. Steve

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just wanted to thank everyone for there help in making saturday a great day at Lime-Rock. Without everyones help there was no way the day could have gone as well.Everone did so well on and off the track that it truly makes me proud to be a member of this great club.Not everything went as planned but some how in the end I think it worked out great for our first Lime Rock event. A Big Thanks to Chuck "The Wizard " for teching every car on his day off.I know he saved at least some of us from a possible major problem. The Aston Martin Club was very impressed by our club and would love to have us back next year. I know there are some issues that we need to work out for the next event and I will be speaking to Scott (the Prez.)and Tom H. about them.I hated being in the position that I was in at the track. There were some Lime Rock rules that I had to be the messenger on ,those that know me understand that I am usauly the last guy to tell anyone what he can or cant do. Sorry if I came off to dictatorish at times.I only wanted everyone to finish the day in 1 piece and most of all have fun. Please send Scott,Tom or me any feedback you may have to make it better for the next time. Steve

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 2 cents for next time. Dictatorship works ! You did a great job.

I know to trust the flaggers, but you come up on them so fast, maybe it would be helpful for them to always hold out a green flag. It would keep them on thier toes as to what is going on. I'll tell you one thing, remember the guy in the old Austin Martin that was leaking feul? He dumped feul out in front of me right next to the flaggers by the bridge, and they didn't even notice. Then he dumped again on the straight about 200 feet in front of the start / finish and they didn't notice it. It wasn't till the whole next lap that they black flagged him.

I definately understand why you were trying to get the head guy to mention about piling up on the down hill after the bridge. You mentioned it a few times but he didn't seem to want to pick up on what you said. He should have listened to you and spoke to everyone about that.

Thanks again Steve. I would like to do it again, but next time will will know who the flaggers are, shake their hands and tell them I am going to trust them. Then I'll feel more comfortable. Hey I know, lets have our own spotters in the tower, then I'll really knock my times down!

Andrew

VIPORXXX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, whats the deal with Limerock this weekend.
How do you sign up? Cost? etc.
Ifs its still open I will head up there.